eleven

Taehyung's PoV;

We all sat at the dinner table, eating the meal Jin and Yoongi cooked as they were the least injured.

Jungkook sat opposite me, bandages all around his chest and shoulder. Little plasters and gauze littered the rest of his body.

Hoseok had only been sliced across his hand and cut across his leg, nothing major.

Namjoon had been shot but the bullet skimmed across his arm, so he had a burn mark from that and a deep cut but that was all.

Yoongi got a tiny scratch, Jin got nothing and neither did Jimin, who was asleep upstairs.

Speaking of Jimin, we almost died because of him. My foot has a dent in it from the bullet, it only didn't go through all of my foot because of my shoes and socks.

"Why are you so obsessed with Jimin? We almost die every other week because of him!" I growled.

Jungkook simply rolled his eyes in response before glaring at me.

"I almost die everyday because of your stupidity. Be quiet." He took a bite from his food, going back to listening to Jin's conversation.

Everyone else was talking but I continued to raise my voice, getting Jungkook's attention.

"Fuck it! You really wanna fucking know?" He stood up, slamming his hands on the table, his ring catching on his glass, the sound echoing through the room.

Jin flinched, choking on his food, Namjoon quickly patting his back.

"Yes I really wanna fucking know!" I slammed my hands on the table, standing up.

"Fuck's sake." Yoongi muttered, wiping at his mouth with his napkin, the others copying.

Jungkook walked over to me, one hand in his pocket, the other pointing an intimidating finger at me.

"Jimin's mother was like a mother to me. When she was on her deathbed, dying of cancer, her last words to me were 'make sure my baby doesn't get hurt.' I promised her I never would, my promise being the last words she'd ever hear." He pushed me with force, fire in his eyes, "after she died, he ran away. He ran away so many times. It hurt, we were childhood best fucking friends. It hurt to find him, suicidal, on a bridge over a deep lake or on a bridge over a motorway. It hurt to have him lie straight to my face, saying he was fine, just a dark day, it'll pass. Lying straight through his teeth, to my gullible face. It hurt. Then I finally got him back and everything was okay. Then he ran away again and got picked up by dangerous gang. It fucking hurt as I ran out of there, carrying Jimin with four fucking bullets in my skin." 

I bit my lip to stop it trembling, regretting each and every time I'd kicked off about Jimin being so special.

Because he was truly special.

"Now do you fucking understand why I'm so 'obsessed'?" He quoted the word with his fingers, "because I fucking hope that you do."

He began to stumble, causing the others to stand up, worried, as blood began to seep through bandages. 

"Jungkook?" I whispered as he fell on me.

"Jungkook!" Yoongi shouted, running over.

The others ran over, standing around us.

"Jungkook, are you alright?" I asked, stroking his hair as I gently pulled it out of his face.

A wound had opened on his cheek and it was bleeding, but fuck, did he still look beautiful.

"Has he passed out?" Yoongi asked, playing with Jungkook's hand.

I tilted his head gently, touching his eyelids with my fingertips, "think so."

"The stress must've got to his head and the pressure must've opened his wounds." Jin murmured, swiping the blood with his thumb.

"We're gonna have to put him to bed. Taehyung, you're the only one in best fit to carry him." Hoseok said, adjusting one of Jungkook's bandages. 

"You can't just chuck him over your shoulder. You're gonna have to carry him bridal style otherwise you'll hurt him." Yoongi warned, obviously pissed off.

"Watch his back." Namjoon said, helping me pick him up.

I carried him to his bedroom, noticing how light he was.

"He's not even heavy. One of you guys could've carried him, easy."

"We know. You two are just cute together." Hoseok admitted, the rest showing agreement.

"Really?" I asked, laying Jungkook in his bed.

"Really." Hoseok said, pushing me down onto the bed with Jungkook, who immediately clung onto me, burying his face into my neck, "have fun. You can stay with him."

"Wow thanks."

"No problem. We know you like him." Jin winked, following the rest as they left.

I looked down at Jungkook.

His long eyelashes curled up naturally, kissing his skin. He wasn't frowning, just relaxed. His lips were parted slightly as he slept. His hair had fallen around his head, crowning him.

He looked beautiful.

I lifted up the hair covering his forehead, so that I could kiss the skin.

I gently pressed my lips to his forehead, seeing him smile in his sleep.