forty

EXTREMELY DISTRESSING / POTENTIALLY TRIGGERING CONTENT ;;; (self harm / attempted suicide)

Taehyung's PoV;

Minhyuk texted me, telling me he was here now.

I made some bullshit excuse to Baekhyun, telling him I'll be an hour.

My heart racing, I ran to Minhyuk's car and threw myself in.

"Hey Taehyung," His voice said, softly as he started to drive, turning around a bend.

"Hey." I mumbled, not sure how to speak. "Do you know how he is?"

Minhyuk visibly bit his cheek, sighing as he looked to the side, away from me.

"I'll tell you, kidda, it ain't looking good. It ain't looking good at all." He said slowly and I felt my heart shatter into millions of pieces.

"Wh-hy? What's he, what's he done?"

Minhyuk pressed his lips together, "I don't know. It must be drastic because no one is answering their phones. Not even someone lower down. Even fucking Taemin isn't answering and he's never in anyone's business. It's only our gang that doesn't know much as all of us are on drive patrol tonight. Obviously, I don't mind driving you, I didn't mean it in that way."

I sighed, throwing my head back.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck!

This was way worse than I was expecting.

I was expecting an overdose on some pills. He'd be medically fine in a week, give or take a couple of days and then it'd be a case of a bit of therapy with some affection.

But if no one can tell me what's gone on, then what the fuck has happened?

"Does anyone actually know, or do we just know it's bad?"

He drove past a red light, speeding down the road.

"Sorry, Taehyung but I have no idea. I know next to nothing, I wish I could say I didn't."

I shook my head, "it's fine. It's not your fault."

"I know, but I can't help but feel bad." He turned another corner, slightly out of breath due to his intense focus not to crash, "anyway, here you are. Good luck, kidda, I hope he's well."

"Why don't you come in?"

"I'm not allowed. I'm not certain you'll be allowed, due to health and safety, but I think it'll be fine."

I nodded, bowing. "Thank you. Drive safely."

He did a small salute, contradicting my advice by speeding off down the busy roads.

I gulped, cautiously walking into the busy building and up to the receptionist's desk.

"Hey, uh, I'm lost. I've never been in a hospital before and I'm freaking out-" I stopped, why the fuck was I telling this lady my life story, "uh, apologies. Can you tell me where Jeon Jeongguk is?"

"'Course I can. What are you to Jeon?"

"Fiancé."

"You sure you really wanna see him?"

"Well, of course. Why not?"

"His condition is critical. Besides, on the off chance that he's waking up today, he ain't gonna remember you, sunshine. It's up to you."

I found her voice incredibly patronising and annoying.

"I want to see him."

She clicked her tongue, typing on the key board.