thirty nine

Taehyung's PoV;

After coating the inside of Kai's syringe and spoon with a drug similar to cyanide, I went downstairs after hearing Kai go into the bathroom, knowing he'd die from the cyanide.

I went to the basement, seeing everyone down there, chilling with a few bottles of beer and playing videogames.

"Hey Taehyung!" Chen waved, "wanna play mario kart? I'll kick your ass."

I laughed, shaking my head. "I'm alright. I'll watch."

I picked up a bottle of beer, sitting next to Baekhyun on the sofa.

"That cut looks sore." He said, pointing to the mark that Kai had left on my lip from a round a punches.

"Nah, it's alright." I shrugged it off, sipping from the sour substance, holding back a retch as the taste drowned my tastebuds.

I laughed as Chen cheered loudly, winning a game of mario kart.

He did a victory dance, before playing another at the game.

Baekhyun pointed to my vibrating phone, "who's that?"

I looked down at the screen, seeing a H on the screen, symbolising Hoseok. Of course I couldn't have their actual names in my phone, I'd be betraying them.

"Ah, just someone who I knew once. I'll go outside and take the call. I'll be five minutes." I put my bottle down, running upstairs and out to the garden.

"Taehyung,"

"Hoseok, you know we can't be in contact. I'm on timetable right now."

"Taehyung," He repeated.

I detected a sad tone in his voice, the sound being more ragged than usual, like he'd been crying. 

"Hoseok, what's wrong?" I started to worry.

"It's... Jungkook." His voice is flat and he ends his sentence with a hiccup.

I licked my lips, feeling my mouth go dry.

"What about him?"

Silence.

"Hoseok!" I raised my voice, concerned. "What's happened to Jungkook?!"

"He's, uh, attempted suicide." His voice wavered, "again."

"Are you at home?"

"N-no. We're in the barracks, there's a medical team here. I'll get Minhyuk to get you."

I nodded although he couldn't see, "tell him I'm coming."

"He's unconcious. And even if he wakes up, the nurse says he will suffer from amnesia."

My heart dropped, my chest tightening.

I hung up, shoving my phone into my pocket as I slid down the wall, head in hands.

Fuck.