forty five

Taehyung's PoV;

Pull yourself together, Taehyung.

You're a member of the fucking mafia.

I rubbed my teary eyes, sighing as I stood up.

I need to brush my teeth, it'll make me feel less sick.

I took the letter with me, reading it as I brushed my teeth.

I scanned through every line, reading each word in hopes to discover a secret meaning, like, he'd been forced to fake a suicide or someone had done it and made it look like one, leaving before Jimin arrived. Maybe he didn't even write the letter. Jimin could've wrote it, for all I know.

Pft.

Who am I kidding?

Firstly, Jimin saw Jungkook cutting his skin.

Secondly, the door was locked and no windows were broken.

Thirdly, how can someone fake the suicide?

As if Jungkook would've let someone do that to him.

Yoongi had occasionally mentioned that he thought Jungkook was depressed and acting different but whenever I'd tried to investigate it, Jungkook hadn't seemed sad in the slightest.

Now, I know people put on fake smiles.

I've seen Jungkook's fake smiles and the one he wore all the time was not fake.

'If you want to know why I did what I did, ask the maid with the pink hair.'

The line stuck in my head, repeating over and over.

Is there a maid with pink hair?

Did we even have maids?

I frowned at my own internal conflict, of course we had fucking maids. Who else cooks when we can't? 

I spat the toothpaste, forgetting to rinse it away as I ran downstairs.

Pink hair?

Fuck, he could've at least mentioned a name.

I ran past one of the butlers who was tidying up the table in the library.

I skidded to a halt, retracing my steps and rushing in.

"Hey!" I bowed quickly, taking note of his shocked face, "sorry for scaring you. I'm Taehyung, I don't know if you kn-"

"Calm down, boy. I know who you are, not to worry. Your face is going to turn blue, breathe." He said in a calming voice, resting a glove on my forearm.

I smiled, regaining my breath.

"Okay. I'm looking for a maid with pink hair."

He chuckled, "all that for that? I think I know who you're talking about, who has asked for the maid?"

"Well, Jungkook wrote it in a letter. I need to get something from her."

"Of course, it must be Isobelle. Currently, she should be in the, hm, kitchen? I suppose she'll be cooking breakfast for tomorrow, there is a lot staying over!" He bowed.

"Thank you, thank you!" I shouted as I ran out of the room, running to the kitchen.

Kitchen?

Kitchen?

Where the fuck is the kitchen?

Do we have a kitchen?

Well, obviously Taehyung. Why wouldn't a huge fuck off mansion have a damned kitchen?