thirty three

He knew it was wrong.

Of course he did.

His mother was once a good parent and had told him all his life to stay away.

To stay away from drugs.

Especially the powders and the pills.

But there was something about the way that the white powder swam through his body, heavy like golden syrup and the temporary fix of happiness that it provided.

There was something about the way that it gave him something he didn't have.

Sure, Jeon Jeongguk was suicidal, you could say.

He was suicidal enough to feel like he wanted to die, but not quite at the point where he was willing to go through with his feelings.

It was down to numerous factors.

Like, the depression that had to kick in at the wrong time.

Or the fact that his brother was creeping around and his uncle had been seen many times, with said brother.

Or the fact that he wasn't good enough for Kim Taehyung, but somehow Kai was.

Jungkook took a drag from the freshly lit cigarette, watching as the smoke danced around in the air.

What had he ever done wrong?

He did everything a good boyfriend should do.

He spoiled Taehyung with love and affection, peppered him with kisses and had sex quite often. He doubted that Kai was better in bed than him, considering Kai was straight and only had experience with women.

Jungkook knew that you didn't have to major in biology to know that having sex with a man would be different to having sex with a woman.

It's mostly common sense.

His friends weren't bad people and he knew for a fact they all loved Taehyung to pieces, even after they turned on him.

He'd heard them talking about how much they missed Taehyung and how they wished he'd never done that to Jungkook.

He remembers how broken Taehyung looked when he'd seen him the morning after he'd slept with Kai.

Of course, Jungkook was more heartbroken.

You didn't have to be Einstein to figure that one out.

He'd seen Taehyung cleaning in the morning, and heard Taehyung's soft voice call his name.

That voice.

Why did it have to be so enticing?

Why did it give him butterflies in his stomach?

Why did his heart feel like it was going to burst whenever it sounded his name?

And his eyes, those big brown eyes.

Why did they have to be so pretty?

Why did he have to have a set of unique eyelids that Jungkook would kill for? One double, one mono.

Why did he have to be so gorgeous?

Jungkook had just simply whispered a broken, 'don't talk to me' in response.

After all, how was he going to be able to look at Taehyung?

When he had another man's marks on his skin and moans of his name swirling around in his thoughts?

He couldn't do that to himself.

He'd burst into tears at the very sight of one hickey decorating Taehyung's neck.