seventy three

Taehyung's PoV;

"Ugh, that's fucking gross." Jungkook complained, "Jimin keep your eyes closed."

Tentatively, Jungkook stepped around in the aged warehouse, occasionally retching at the vile smell that come from the deceased man in the middle.

He walked towards the corpse on the chair, using the handle of his blade to tip the guy's chin upwards so his face could be revealed.

"Shit." Jungkook murmured, raising his brows.

"What is it?" Jimin asked, about to move his hands from their position on his face.

"Nothing. Yoongi, make sure he doesn't look."

Yoongi nodded, turning Jimin and pressing his face into his chest, murmuring something about him being a 'good boy' and how he'll get 'praise' later.

Jungkook grimaced, "can you guys not talk about your fucking sex life while I'm inspecting a dead body?"

Namjoon snorted, Jin laughing once he choked on the sharp inhale of breath.

I watched as Jungkook took his phone out, taking a picture of the guy's face which remained unexposed to us due to Jungkook's body. Jungkook took his hand away, the man's head immediately lolling forwards. He stepped backwards, crouching slightly to get a picture of the man with the background.

Jungkook flicked the hair out of eyes, slipping the blade back into the pocket on the inside of his blazer, sighing as he stepped back over.

Hoseok gestured a hand towards the corpse with a raise of his eyebrows, silently asking who it was.

"Kim Jong-dae." Jungkook replied, scrolling through his phone.

"Who?" I asked.

"Uh, I think he went by 'Chen' when he was in the mafia. He was well known for his exports of weapons and shit, so he couldn't have his real name out and about. He was one of Kai's goons."

"Chen?!" I spluttered, startled.

"Yeah."

"Is, is he dead?"

Jungkook nodded, "judging by his body temperature, he's been dead for about a day."

"Oh my god. He was my friend when I was at Kai's. How did he die? Has he been stabbed?"

He shook his head, "poisoned. An anonymous and hard to trace phone number sent me a timelapse of him being injected with it and the effects taking toll overtime. They made him overdose on it, his mouth frothed and everything."

I shuddered, "when?"

"Yesterday. So he must've died during or after the video or that night."

"Are you sure he's dead?"

"Yes, Taehyung, I am. Why are you so bothered about him?" Jungkook asked, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Because he was my friend! He and Baekhyun stuck up for me whenever Kai was being a dick."

"That's a lot of defending, then." Jungkook commented insensitively, sending the photos of Chen to someone on his phone.

"Excuse me?" I asked, offended.

"What?"

"You guys are seriously going to argue, right here, right now?!" Jimin scoffed.

"Jimin, fuck off!" I yelled.

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" Jungkook and Yoongi snarled at the same time, Yoongi pushing Jimin to Hoseok and storming over.

"How dare y-" Yoongi shouted, being interrupted by a loud clang on the floor.