thirty seven

Yoongi's PoV;

I rang Taeyong, tapping my foot as I waited for him to answer.

"Hey Yoongi! What's up?"

"Nothing much. I was just wondering if you're free."

"Yeah, of course. I'm always free, what're you wanting?"

"Just some information."

"Totally. Who's coming?"

"Just me and Jimin."

"Okay, see you both in a bit."

I put my phone back in my pocket, shouting for Jimin as I put my coat on.

"Where you going?" Hoseok asked as he walked in, carrying a bowl of cereal.

"Gross, are you eating plain cornflakes?" I grimaced, "just to Taeyong's."

"Yes I am. I ate my entire body weight in junk food yesterday, I'm putting myself on a diet for a day."

"That's the equivalent of ordering the entire of McDonald's then ordering a diet coke."

"It's the thought that counts, Yoongi. The science doesn't matter." He crunched on his plain cornflakes, walking away.

What the fuck?

"You shouted?" Jimin asked, coming in.

"I'm off to Taeyong's to ask about Jungkook, you coming?"

"Oh, yeah." He nodded, shrugging his coat on.

"We'll be around two hours." I shouted to Hoseok who yelled something back about being safe.

"Hey, uh, mind if I come? I just wanna see Taeyong before I go back to Kai. I'm making the most of the human interaction that I can get." Taehyung asked shyly as we were midway through the door. "I've missed not seeing anyone."

"Spend all the time you'd like with us." Jimin said.

Taehyung looked at me, like he was asking for permission.

"Of course you can come, we've missed you too."

He smiled widely, stepping outside with us.

"So how come you didn't want to stay with Jungkook?" I asked, swinging Jimin's hand.

"He doesn't want to talk to me." He looked down, "I can't blame him."

"He's scared he'll do something wrong. He's still madly in love with you." Jimin said softly, looking at Taehyung with a sad smile on his face.

"He still wears your promise ring, you know. I see him playing with it, rolling it inbetween his fingers with a faint smile on his face."

Taehyung smiled widely again, "really?"

I looked at his hands to see that he still wears it around his ring finger. I'm surprised Kai didn't confiscate it.

"Yeah."

"He'd never take me back though."

"I think he would. You'd have to do a lot of making up though." I said.

"And a lot of making out." Jimin giggled.

"I'd love to, I really would. But Kai would kill me for even thinking about it."

"I'd love to see him try. If Jungkook was there, he wouldn't even let Kai breathe on you."

"Jungkook would cut him to pieces."

"I'll have to go back. Would you guys come for me?" Taehyung said, referring to Kai.

"Of course we would. In a heartbeat."

"I'll text you when it's safe to come back."

I smiled, walking up the path to Taeyong's house.

"We'll be waiting on it."

I knocked on the door, bowing to Doyoung as he opened the door.

"Good evening, do come in. Taeyong is in the living room. Would any of you like a drink?" He asked politely, letting us in.

"No thank you, Doyoung. We're just here to ask some questions." I patted his shoulder.

"Like policemen!" He laughed, guiding us to the room.

"Goodness, Taehyung! What a lovely surprise." Taeyong clasped his hands together, smiling. "Anyway, evening gents. What's up?"

"Just need some information on Jungkook, if that's alright." Jimin said as he sat down beside me, Taehyung following suit.

"I'll probably know just as much as the next person, but sure."

"What happened to Jungkook's parents?"

"To the outside world, it remains a random, drug-fuelled murder and followed suicide. To the mafia, Jungkook killed them. He shot both of them in the head."

I heard Jimin inhale sharply, both me and Taehyung chewing the inside of our cheek.

"Why?"

"It was the only way to secure his place in the mafia. Otherwise, they'd be putting him six feet under in a ditch with his parents."

"But why did he have to do it?"

"He offered. The mafia weren't happy with the couple's cooperation with the mafia, they were always high on some sort of drug and unable to defend the king at the time. Jungkook didn't do anything, he was just caught up in it."

"But I thought Jungkook inherited the title?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"No. The Jeon family were once high up, but were quickly moved to the bottom. They were still valued, which is why they weren't kicked out straight away. Jungkook was moved up because of his leadership skills and fighting being well above average."

I frowned, how long ago was this?

"What age did Jungkook start being involved in the mafia?"

"Well, from what my parents and high up leaders told me, he was used as a toy at the age of two, I believe. For example, they'd leave him in a shop so everyone's attention would be drawn to a lost child and not the fact that they were robbing the shop dry. There was always a mafia bodyguard who'd come in, pretending he was the father and he'd deliver him home. I'd watch Jungkook as he was last reported dead and Jungkook spent more time with him than anyone, he's more family than Jimin."

"What age did he start getting involved on his own?"

"Drug runs at thirteen. He'd just deliver shit to his clients for the entire day, getting paid millions for one shift. He also ran a small shop in Daegu for when he was bored. He started physical contact at around fifteen, where he'd have to beat or kill goons during drug runs because the mafia got more dangerous."

"Fucks sake." I rubbed my face, discovering how much shit Jungkook had been put through.

"I thought Jimin knew all of this." Taeyong said, frowning softly.

"No, he was never bothered to tell me anything. He was more focused on my wellbeing than his, because I was going through some rough times. I wish he'd told me all this, I could've helped."