Since When

Sorry for not updating for a bit, I've had a serious writer's block. 

  I've also been that one invisible kid who's been there for longer than most people but everyone thinks you're new because they've never noticed you before. Every few weeks someone will come up to me and ask if I'm new or something. I just shake my head, they shrug and awkwardly leave. That's my life. Also, just like half the campers at CHB, I had a crush on Nico Di Angelo. I never thought it would go anywhere, I didn't even expect to ever speak to him.

  It was a normal Wednesday, training by myself, lunch, back to dissecting dummies and sewing them back together. I was sweaty and disgusting, my (H/L) hair lose around my face when another camper walked into the arena. I ignored them like I normally did and continued to twirl around and slice with my duel foot-long blades. I cut down the dummies in less than a minute and stood panting.  

  I heard someone slow-clapping behind me. I whirled around. The camper who I chose to ignore turned out to be Nico. A couple months ago I would have blushed furiously and hidden my face, but I was able to basically turn off my feelings now. I bowed shallowly and went back to fixing the destroyed dummies again.

  "Is that all I get," Nico spoke, closer than I realized, "a wimpy bow?" I shrugged, stitching burlap together with the provided thread and needle.

  "Why do I get the feeling that you don't want to talk to me?" He bent over me, his hands crossed behind his back. I shrugged again.

  "Jeeze, normally I'm the withdrawn one. Now I see how annoying it is."

  "Why get attached to someone, thinking they'll be your friend just to be rejected the next day."

  Nico held up his hands, "Once again, I thought I was the most emo kid here." 

  I ignored that comment and set the dummies back up. I felt him watching me as I adjusted the blades that were now in my hands. I was shifting into my beginning stance when he spoke again, "Are you new here? You seem way to experience with those knives to be new..."

   I laughed bitterly and spun to attack the first burlap form. 

   "Why is that funny?" I practically felt him cross his arms from his tone of voice.

 "I've been here since I was 8," I replied simply, still hacking. I wasn't really use to talking and stabbing, so I accidentally cut the knuckles on one hand.

  "Hades," I hissed, quickly sheathing my knives and sticking my bleeding knuckles in my mouth. I shuffled through the first aid kit in a cabinet. 

  "Here," Nico offered, pulling my knuckles away from my mouth and proceeding to bandage my hand. 

  "Thanks," I awkwardly took my hand away when he was done, suddenly very aware of his proximity and my feelings for him. I slid away from him and started to polish my knives on the other side of the arena, doing my best to stay distracted and far away from him. 

  "How long have you been training?" He called from across the room. 

  "Today, since I woke up. In my life, the day I got here. I've never left on a quest so I train almost every day." I list them off like they were facts, not my life.

   "Every day?!" He crossed the room again. 

  I put my weapons down and ran my hand through my hair. "Why do you care?" He cocked his head to one side like a curious bird.

  "Why do you suddenly seem to care? Since when have I mattered to you?"

  "Everyone matters."

  "Still doesn't answer my question."

  "Well, I guess I noticed you the other day and I've never seen you with anyone."

  "And how did you know I was in here? Lucky guess?"

  "Not really..." He looked down, blushing..? 

  "And what does that mean?" I was confused as to why he was blushing... were my eyes playing tricks?

  "I asked around," He looked up "I wanted to talk to you."

  "Hold on," I held up my hands, "Since when would anyone want to talk to me?"

  "You looked..." Nico searched his mind for the right word.

  "Lost, depressed, lonely, sad, helpless," I counted off the words on my fingers. He nodded.

  "You talked to me out of pity?" 

  Nod.

  "I don't want to talk to you then."

  "Really?" He looked kind of hurt.

  "I may be lonely or sad sometimes, but I'm not lost or depressed and I'm definitely not helpless." I heard him say something under his breath, but I really didn't care.

  "So if you want to pity someone, pick someone needy aphrodite kid who would gladly fill your ear with petty problems." I turned my back to him and went back to cleaning.

  "I like you." 

  My shoulders straightened and my head went up; did that mean want I thought it meant.

  "I mean like, like like you," Nico said quietly to the back of my head. He did.

  I quietly turned around to face him, looking at his hands on his laps. One moved over to rest in my hand and I was suddenly self-conscious about my sweaty appearance. He lifted my head up and looked me in the eyes. "I'm sorry for underestimating you."

  "Don't be," I quietly replied.

  "But I-" I shut him up with my mouth. It was as simple as that, I kissed him. I've never regretted that decision. 

Sorry for the crap ending, I didn't really want to think of anything cute.

 Also, I have an opinion that I'm certain that I will be attacked for eventually. I don't even kind of ship Solangelo. I mean, I write Nico x Reader fanfiction almost purely for myself. Fight me if you want but it won't change my opinion. I ship Nico and myself together, sue me. 

 ~Nico Di Angelo Trash