Just a Common Life (4)

I ain't done with this yet. This time no one requested it I just felt like it.

  I gazed out of my window, still trying to adjust to living above people instead of below. I'd been living here for 5 years. I'd know Nico for 9 and I've loved him during the whole thing. It took a bit of persuading on Nico's part but it all worked out. I'd made a compromise of living on castle grounds instead of living in the caste.I hadn't been ready to have 4+ stories, countless square feet, way too many attendants, and endless stone halls. I don't know if I'll ever be, but I'll probably have to deal with it. Nico and I lived in a sizeable 2 story building a 2-second walk away from the castle. In truth, we'd spent most of our time in the castle but we'd sleep and relax in our little home. I love the house with all my heart and I'll probably never forget the years we'd spend together in it. 

  I decided to not acompany Nico to the castel today because I was feeling nasueas.

  "Well send for Annabeth to keep you company then," Nico smiled, kissing my forehead and leaving.

   I did as I was told and Annabeth arrived very quickly. We sat and talked for a while, gossip and talking about marraige, nothing very interesting.

  "So why aren't you with Nico today?" Annabeth asked, sipping her cup of tea.

  "I've been feeling really nasuaes and out of if for about a week and today it was particularyly bad," I shrugged, "Where's Zoe today?"

  "She's hanging out with grandma Sally today," Annabeth replied but changed back to the previous subject, "you know, I think I have a hunch of what could be wrong with you."

  "And what would that be, doctor Jackson?" I asked not thinking much of it.

  "You could be pregnant," She suggested.

  "Wait," I set my cup down, "what?"

  "It could be morning sickness from the baby," she said thoughtfully, "I had intense nasuea with Zoe."

  "How can I know for sure," I asked, terrifeid and excited at the same time.

  "Well for one thing, your dress bodices should feel tighter," she looked at me expectently.

  "I mean, I guess they are a little harder to get on." My stomache was starting to fill with butterflies.

  "The only for sure way is to get a professional or just wait a few months, you should be showing by then if you are."

  "I'm going with the doctor one, I'm not waiting 2 months," I said, getting up to find someone to get a doctor.

--------------Time Skip till after the doctor because I can't write that---------------------------------

  I sat heavily down on the couch, my mind racing. There was a small human currently inside me, the doctor said I was around 3-4 months along. So in 6-5 months I would have a baby.

  "Oh my gods," I muttered, my hand drifting subconsciencly down to rest on my stomache.

  "I'm so excited," Annabeth smiled delightendly and sat down beside me, "how are you going to tell Nico?"

  "With words..?" I said in a daze.

  "Nothing special? Not a party?" Annabeth pressed.

  "No, not a party!" I jolted out of my daze, "I am abosiltlu not invinting people to come see me tell my young husband that I am unexpectdly pregnant."

  "When you put it that way it sounds bad."

  "Normally people plan to have kids before they try."

  "You haven't talked to Nico about wanting kids?"

  "No, we talk about it all the time, it's just I wasn't exactly prepared mentally." Annabeth put a comfoting hand on my arm.

  "You have 5-6 months to get mentally prepared, you'll be fine."

  "Who'll be fine?" Nico asked as he walked into the room. Annabeth patted my arm one last time before getting up to leave.

  "Wish me luck," I called after her.

  "Why would you need luck," Nico frowned as he sat down beside me, "I'm confused."

  "So am I," I muttered under my breath.

  "Can you please just explain to me what I heard you and Annabeth talking about," Nico asked.

  "So umm.....impregnant," I said the last part very quickly and quietly.

  "Come again," Nico asked, "It sounded like you said you were pregnant."

  "You're right," I nodded nervously.

  "What?! " Nico's eyes widened and he looked from my face to my stomache than back to my face.

  "I'm preganant, Nico," I said quietly, a smile growing on my face.

  "Since when!?" A smile spreading across his face as well.

  "That's what Annabeth and I were doing today, I told how I was feeling sick so we called a doctor and he confirmed it." My face now hurt from smiling.

  "Oh my gods!!" Nico wrapped his arms around me and sqeezed. He held me back a little from him then kissed me, "I cannot believe it!" 

Wow, I don't know how to end anything.

~Di Angel