Sunshine

:)

You are my sunshine,

  Nico sang, resting heavily in my arms, oozing blood on my favorite hoodie, but I couldn't care less. "No," I pleaded, "don't do that."

You are my sunshine.

  Nico continued to sing despite my pleas. His stained red hand found mine and squeezed it, hard, despite the fact that he probably had 0 blood left in his body.

You make me happy,

  "Nico, please," I begged, choking on my tears.

When skies are grey.

    He smiled sadly at me, coughed, and winced as the movement racked his punctured torso and every broken bone in his oh-so broken body. "No," I said again, weaker and more desperate this time.

You'll never know, dear

  His voice grew quieter and I could see the life fading out of him.

  How much I love you.

  "I won't let you go," I sobbed as I shook my head like I could fend off death himself by simply telling him I wouldn't let Nico go, "you're everything to me, Nico, I love you." My shoulders shook and my tears fell hopelessly onto Nico's soaked shirt. He smiled.

  Please don't take

  Nico's ever beautiful accented voice came out in pants, choppy and breathless because of pain. "No, no, NO!" Crying, clutching him desperately.

   My sunshine

  He looked at me with his beautiful dark eyes, his dirty, messy, raven head cradled in my arms as he died, smiling through the immense pain I knew he was in and could do nothing about. No amount of ambrosia could fix this wound.

  Away.

  He breathed the last word, his eyes fluttered closed, and went limp. "NO!" I screamed. I squeezed his hand and kissed it, "Come back! Come back, come back!" I bent over and kissed his still-warm lips praying to every god imaginable that this was some kind of Disney movie and the kiss of true love could bring him back to life.

 No.

  This was real life.

  And Nico was dead.

~Di Angel