Wrong

As inspired by the song Pacify Her by Melanie Martinez. Also, sorry if your name is Alyssa. Requests?

  There are many reasons the prevent me from spending my time outside. Things like blinding sunshine, annoying people that can't get to me if I'm in my cabin all day, the effort, and by far the biggest reason, having to watch my crush, Nico Di Angelo, hang out with his girlfriend. Now, I normally have nothing wrong with the girl, Alyssa, but she turned into a very protective and jealous girlfriend. I'm not sure if she's as aggressive with every girl, but every time she sees me a scowl appears on her face. It's like she expects me to snatch Nico out of her clingy arms and then rub it in her face. Whatever the reason for that is, I don't know.

  Then there's another reason I'm not a fan of their relationship and I don't want to witness it; they are literally polar opposites. Appearance wise, Alyssa's light blonde hair and tan skin clash against Nico's, I-only-go-outside-if-I-have-to look. Going by personalities, Alyssa is one of the bubblest most positive people you'll ever meet, she takes everything very literally and did I mention she's clingy. Nico on the other hand, very negative, he's incredibly sarcastic and witty and prefers not to be touched. You can tell he really doesn't like holding hands with the very physical Alyssa.

  Sure, you might say that they balance each other out because according to some many romantic novels, opposites attract. You would immediately realize that that's very wrong if you spend 10 minutes, maybe even 5, watching or hanging out with them. Nico deliberately leaves space between themselves, but Alyssa ignores all his efforts and sits as close to his lap as she can get. Their very different outlooks on life clash in every aspect, they even look like they shouldn't be together.

  Let me remind you that I've had a crush on Nico since I got to CHB.

  Now let's get to the story here.

  I was just minding my own business, sitting under a tree just outside the horseshoe of cabins, trying to avoid the sun, when Alyssa walk by together. Nico slipped his arm out of Alyssa, said something to her, and walked over to me despite her protesting and pouty lip.

  "Hey, (Y/N)," he smiled politely down at me.

  I slipped my bookmark into my book and close it, returning his smile. "Hi, Nico. Can I help you?"

  "Why would I need help with something?" Nico replied.

  "Well, why else would you go out of your way to talk to me and ditch your girlfriend," I gestured at Alyssa who was standing angrily where Nico left her. 

  "I wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out or something. We haven't talked in a while," Nico shrugged.

  "Would Alyssa approve," I raised a questioning eyebrow.

  "Forget her, I want to spend time with my friend." Was it me or was Nico blushing..?

  "Sure," I nodded.

  "Great!" Nico flashed one of his infrequent smiles, "How about 2 ish tomorrow?"

  "Sounds good," I checked my watch, "Oh, shoot, I have to go. I signed up for a training session with some Ares kid and I like my limbs. Bye!" I waved as I hurriedly got up and headed for the training arena.

 "See you," Nico waved back.

-------------------Time Skip to Tomorrow-------------------

 Durning the morning of the next day I'd gotten my fair share of glares from Alyssa and her friends. I suspected that the thing causing them was Nico inviting me to hang out and the fact that I had the audacity to accept it. Normally I was a pretty well-liked person, but apparently, it was a crime to hang out with my friend who had an obsessive girlfriend. Yes, I went from calling her clingy to obsessive, but what else would you call her attitude.