Happy Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUBBY!!1!!!1! HE'S 94 TODAY!!1!!!11!!!1!!! I'M IN LOVE!!1!!!1!!!!!1!!!

  I rolled over onto my side away from the sunlight peeping through the black curtains of Cabin 13. I'd slept over with Nico because I wanted to make sure he was in a good mood all day. I mean, it's not every day you turn 94 and you still look like a gorgeous 16-year-old boy. I had meant to wake up before him so I could like get him coffee (Black like our souls) but that plan failed.  As I attempt to burrow under the covers to escape the light I heard Nico laugh quietly at my antics. I swatted my hand behind me to show him that I didn't appreciate being laughed at but that only made him laugh more. Well, I guess I succeeded in making sure he was in a good mood.

  "Happy birthday, Ghost Dork," I mumbled as I rolled over again and snuggling up against him, successfully blocking the light out.

  "Why thank you, la mia bella e sonnolenta regina dei fantasmi," Nico said, kissing the top of my head and climbing out of bed. 

  "What did you even call me," I asked sleepily. Nico just smiled at me over his shoulder so I chucked a pillow at him. He deflected it, still smiling, and closed the bathroom door. I stayed in bed a little while longer, wrapping all the blankets around me against the cold winter air inside the cabin. I got enough courage to grab a pair of leggings, a t-shirt, and hoodie, quickly change into them and then re-submerge into the bed. I stayed under, relishing the warmth before Nico come to rudely pull me out.

  "Don't you usually drag me out of bed?" Nico said, standing over the pile of blankets that is me.

  "It's too cold, come cuddle me," I whined in response. I heard Nico laugh as he was probably shaking his head.

  "Not this time," he said, dragging me out of my blanket fort by one exposed foot.

  "Nooooo," I objected as I tried to pull the blankets back over me.

  "Just get up for me, please?" Nico asked, batting his eyelashes at me, "for my birthday?"

  "Fiiiiiiiine," I whined again, throwing the blankets away and getting up, "Only because it's your birthday." Nico flashed me a winning smile and hooked his arm through mine.

  "Now let's go to breakfast," he said, dragging me willingly over to our pile of shoes, both of use putting a pair on before going out into the semi-winter cold. The weather barrier kept the really cold stuff out but it was still comfortably chilly. I cheered up quite quickly despite wanting to go back and nap all day, grey winter days do that to you.

  We walked arm-in-arm into the dining pavilion and Nico was immediately wrapped in a multi-arm hug by Hazel, who had come from New Rome just for his birthday, Jason, and Percy. I stifled a laugh while watching him try to escape from what could be a loving death by suffocation.

  "Thanks, guys," he said, rubbing his squeezed shoulders.

  "No problem, dude," Percy smiled, patting Nico's already sore back, making him wince slightly. Too much love can be fatal. 

  We walked over to a table with the rest of the crew, Annabeth, Piper, Leo, and Frank. The rest of them wished him a happy birthday and we sat down to eat. The meal was full of laughter and smiles, courtesy of Leo Valdez. Afterwards, we all went to Bunker 9 that had been decorated with completely black decorations. Even the candles on the cake were black, along with all the gifts on one table and every other food that could possibly be dyed black in some way. A specially made 'Emo' playlist was playing in the background the whole time with all the classics.  It was a laid back party and we spent the whole day playing clique games like truth or dare, never have I ever, and other predictable games.

  It was about 9:30 p.m. when I decided to leave, I grabbed my phone that I had left on a table and left the bunker and entered into the cold, winter night, air. I wrapped my arms around me and started to walk a little faster. I was too caught up in not freezing and regretting not bringing a jacket that I almost had a heart attack when an arm wrapped around me.

  "Oh my gods," I huffed, trying to settle my wildly beating heart as Nico grinned 'innocently' at me. "Screw you," I smacked his hand away and walked away in fake anger.

  "I'm sorry, (Y/N)," Nico called as he hurried to catch up, still laughing.

  "You suck, Di Angelo."

  "Is that any way to speak to your elders, I'm actually 94 you know."

  "I do know, but you still suck."

  "Oh, come on," Nico smirked, grabbing me by the waist and spinning me around to face him. I turned my head deliberately away from him for the fun of it. "I said I was sorry," Nico fake pouted. I turned back to him and stuck my bottom lip out with him.

  "Please love me again," He begged dramatically. I rolled my eyes.

  "If I must, I'll do it because it's your birthday," I sighed like it pained me.

  "Thank Aphrodite," He said, still very dramatically, dropping me into a dip and kissing me. When he pulled away we were both smiling.

  "Happy birthday, drama queen," I laughed, pecking him again as he pulled me back up.

  "Grazie, contadino drammatico," Nico whispered back.

  "You're going to teach me Italian if you're going to keep using it." 

  "If you say so." 

  "I do say so," I nodded, lacing my fingers with his, "you can walk me to my cabin like a gentleman."

  "As you wish," he smiled at me, referencing the Princess Bride. I smiled back as we started off into the night again.

 IDK what this is but here you go, I couldn't miss Nico's birthday.

~Di Angel