Rainy Days

HELLO HELLO HEY NO ONE CARES WHAT I HAVE TO SAY!!!

    I dipped my feet in the broken surface of the camp canoe lake. Any other campers outside in the pouring rain were running around with hoods pulled as far over their faces as they could. Me on the other hand, daughter of Posiden over here, I couldn't care less about the seemingly endless amounts of water streaming from the sky. In fact, I have enjoyed this week, it felt like a month for others, of rain. I loved the sound of rain pattering on cabin roofs; the feeling of water soaking my hair and flowing down my back. 

  Today was no different from the other 6 days of the week. I was bored of everyone because all they wanted to do was sleep or cuddle and watch Netflix with their significant other. Nico and I weren't exactly the cuddly type of couple. It wasn't that Nico didn't like to be affectionate it's that he wasn't exactly a huge fan a physical contact, P.D.A, or just about anything else that couples did to show love. As a matter of fact, I'd only really kissed him once or twice in the 6 or so months I'd dated him. The only things that had changed from our friendship were sitting closer together, holding hands occasionally, and a few head-on-shoulder moments.

  So, back to the point, I'd finally made it outside and got a chance to clear my head and stretch my muscles. I got intense cabin fever if I was stuck inside for more than 4 days and I had passed that mark about 2 days ago. I got up from the dock and considered what to do next now that I was finally free. My options were jumping in the lake, getting in a canoe and floating to the middle of the lake and jumping off there, or just staying on the dock. I decided to go with option 2, so I quickly untied a canoe and easily willed the water to push me out into the lake. As I was floating I pulled off my dry t-shirt and kicked off my shorts. Before you freak out, I was wearing a bikini so I wasn't stripping down into my underwear. Also, yes, I know that I'm a daughter of Posiden and I don't get wet unless I want to so why take off my shirt and shorts; because I felt like it that's why.

  Once I was as far out as I wanted I stopped the boat and looked into the water. A few water nymphs were floating around, but a majority of them were probably napping, they didn't like all the rain either. I stretched out a little, preparing to dive.

  "(Y/N)?" I heard someone call from shore. I looked up and focused on the black figure with their hood up watching me. I shrugged and jumped off the canoe. I welcomed the water enveloping me and looked around at the view that would probably never be not cool. I waved at a few of the nymphs that I knew and floated around aimlessly. After a while I let the water soak my hair and drift around my head.

  "The boy is looking for you," a nymph spoke behind me.

  "What?" I turned to face her.

  "In the boat, the young Hades boy," the girl pointed a blue-tinted finger up at the canoe-shaped shadow above us. I nodded my thanks to her and let myself float to the surface. I broke the surface quietly and watched as Nico floated around in the canoe, his eyes scanning the lake in front of him.

  "Nico?" I called. His head snapped around.

  "There you are," he sighed and I swam over to him. 

  "Why are you looking for me?" I asked as I supported myself on the edge of the boat.

  "You didn't tell anyone where you were going and I was worried," he shrugged.

  "Awwww," I grinned happily at him, "You were worried about little old me?"

  "Maybe..?" He nervously shrugged at me.

  "How can you 'maybe' be worried about someone," I asked innocently, secretly testing him.

  "Ok fine. I was worried about you because it's pouring outside and I didn't want you to get sick," he blurted out. My goldy parent must have slipped his mind.

  "Whatever you say," I said, beginning to drift away from the boat, "So I guess I'll get back to whatever I was doing." I really hoped there was more reason for him coming out into the flood that was the outdoors than just making sure I wasn't going to get sick.

 "(Y/N), wait," Nico said softly, he was quiet I thought I could have made it up. I turned around just to make sure. "I have something I want to tell you. I've wanted to, um, talk to you for awhile but there's always someone else around, and..."

  "And...?" I gently urged him along, put my arms back over the boat.

  "I-I love you," he breathed. I grinned and pulled him closer to me with my wet hands.

  "It took you long enough," I whispered and pulled his lips down to mine. It felt very romantic and clique, the rain soaking both of us to the bone while we kissed in a boat. Well, one of us was in a boat. Nico's hands slid around my slick shoulders and an idea came into my head. Wouldn't it be funny if I made him fall off the boat? The answer is yes.

  So while we kissed I began lowering myself back under the wave until he lost his balance and he fell out of the boat.

  "What in the name of Hades!?" Nico spluttered as he re-surfaced, "I thought we were having a romantic moment?"

  "We were," I shrugged as I attempt to hold my laughter back, "but you were already completely soaked and I thought it would be fun."

  "You suck," Nico muttered, shaking his black hair out and climbing back into the boat.

  "But you still love me?" I asked, batting my eyelashes.

  "Regrettably so, but yes," Nico rolled his eyes, a smile playing at the corners of his mouth.

Yee, that was it. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, so I did this.

~Di Angel (what am I doing)