My Little Soldier (Part 2)

Part 2 duh

  It's been 6 months since Nico Di Angelo left with his girlfriend. She'd grabbed him from my supporting arm like I was the person who hurt him and not the person who healed him. Like, 'sorry for stopping your boyfriend from dying, a thank you would be nice'. 

  I've spent those 6 months in a tear-stained daze. I've saved probably 50 soldiers and sent hundreds home or back out into the field. With the many other things I have going on in my mind, Nico has always had priority. I've always laughed at people who say they would do anything for their significant other or their crush. Now I get it. To want someone so badly and love them so much is more of a curse than a blessing.

   I was filling out some release papers for a patient when another nurse came in, "I can finish filling those out, someone's downstairs in the office waiting for you."

   "Um, okay?" I got slowly out of my chair, thanked the nurse, then started down the stairs. I was confused, I had no one in my life that would go out of their way to visit me in one of the most depressing and scary places civilians could go. 

  I quietly walked into the tiny closet that was my 'office'. There he was. Nico Di Angelo was sitting in one of the 2 chairs in my closet office.He wore a simple pair of jeans, a black tee shirt, an aviator jacket, and his black hair was messy like he'd been fidgeting with it. I silently slid into the chair behind my ratty desk and folded my hands on my lap. 

  "What can I do for you? Your leg isn't acting up is it?" I asked as politely and formally as possible. 

  "Is that all I get?" Nico nervously smiled, "Is your leg okay? Not how is life?"

  "If that's all you wanted to be asked why didn't you go see your girlfriend? Rebbeca was it?"

  "Ya," he rubbed the back of his neck, "I broke up with her..."

  My heart skipped about 5 beats, was that why he was here? I tried to lower my hopes as much as I could so they wouldn't get crushed again, "I'm sorry to hear that."

  He shrugged dismissively, "Well, I'm not."

  I cleared my throat, "You haven't told me why you're here yet, I'm a little busy and I have patients to tend to."

  "You're kidding," he frowned a little like he was offended by my job.

  "Why would I be, you knew how busy I was when you were here and nothing has changed."

  "I thought we were friends, (Y/N)," he said, frustrated.

  "It's hard to be friends with someone who just wanted to get away from you as soon as possible to get back to his beautiful girlfriend then never visits or writes," I said with as much calmness as I could muster.

  "Is that what this is about? Well, I'm here now aren't I?" Nico snapped back.

  "After 6 months!"

"Better late than never."

"You still haven't told me why you're here," I crossed my arms.

  "To do this," Nico leaned across my desk and connected his lips with mine. Without hesitation, I laced my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. Without breaking the kiss he picked me up out of my chair and placed me on the edge of the desk near him. With the desk in between us his arms wrapped around my waist and pulled our hips together and causing the kiss to heat up.

 I pulled away before it got out of hand, I didn't want anyone walking in on me making out with an ex-patient. That was probably against police.

  "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," Nico whispered into my hair.

  "I think I have some idea," I said with my head resting on his chest.

  "I'm sorry for everything," he said.

  "Don't be, nobodies perfect," I looked up at him, "but like I said, I have things to do and lives to save." 

  I slid off the desk, adjusted my skirt, and put my hand on the doorknob before turning around to kiss him one more time. 

  "You know where to find me, I have Wednesday and Sunday off," I winked and walked out the door.

 Yay. I have nothing in my drafts rn so like hmu if you have literally anything in your brain that could be made into some kind of plot. Hope you liked it. Have a great life kidz.

~Trash xoxo