Chapter 3, Static

(Daniel's POV)

The morning came faster then I wanted it to, I always felt like I never got any sleep. I never looked tired though, and I managed to function on little to no sleep all the time. It was something I learned how to do my whole life, back when I was younger I never actually slept a full night,the beds they used to put us in were extremely uncomfortable and unsafe, not to mention there were four kids sleeping in one twin sized bed at any given time. Thinking about this made me feel a little sick, and I needed to put it out of my mind before I started the day. I got dressed, fixed my bleach blonde hair and styled it upwards as I normally did, checked out of the motel and made sure my things were packed up in my car before peeling out of the town and back to Camp Campbell. The drive was quiet, accept I was humming. A tune I had heard somewhere before, I only knew some lyrics to the accompanying song; you could be my Juliet because you're gonna end up dead, I can be your Romeo because your family wants my head...

I pulled into the parking area of the camp again this morning, parking my car grey Ford Fusion in one try while getting out the things I would need for today. I needed my clip board, and my preaching notebook with all the important chants and information in it about Zeemuug and my beliefs. Once the kids gained my trust, I would be really easy me to feed them any knowledge with them happily agreeing to me. This task would be done by Friday, Saturday being the absolute latest. When I got to the camp, Gwen was lining everyone up outside and doing attendance. All the kids looked tired and bored, and I knew I could swoop in and start making the kids happy thus earning major trust points. I stood beside Gwen and waved, smiling at the kids.

"Howdy campers! How are you all doing this morning?" I waved to them, a child with what looked like a space helmet waved back at me.

"Howdy do Daniel!" he spoke in a echoed voice because of the glass bowl on his head. He actually looked adorable. Most of the other campers just groaned. Gwen welcomed me back and told me she was just finishing up attendance and then would break the kids into two groups for the day, one group being mine and one being hers. I noticed that that Max kid was drinking coffee out of a mug, I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Umm, Max, is it? Should you be drinking coffee at such a young age?" I asked him politely, I wanted to see if maybe he had some kind of family life issues that I could appeal to to make him more susceptible to my tricks. He just looked at me, not hesitated at all.

"Should you be worshipping fucking Satan at such a young age?" he asked me, I frowned at him and just decided to call him out on his language. Max was certainly going to be a hard one to break, but I felt like I could do it.

"Ok, so Space kid, Nikki, Neil, Harrison and Nerris, you guy are going to go on a hike with Daniel and then play around at the lake when you're finished and everyone else come with me we're going to watch one of Preston's plays so I can finish writing my book chapter." Gwen told everyone, walking away with the rest of the kids.

"Don't you mean your doctor who Fanfiction?" Max argued back, Gwen growled at him, telling him to fuck off. I looked at the kids in front of me, Nikki was a green haired girl who was following Max yesterday and Neil was the lanky one. The other three I didn't know accept the one had that helmet on his head and the other two were dressed strangely. I looked off in all directions and placed my hands on my hips.

"So, where do you guys want to hike to?" I asked in a cheerful voice.

"Can we go on a quest to destroy the ring on top of mount Doom in Mordor?" a girl with a weird blue hat on asked me. I gave her a questioning look, not familiar as to what she was talking about.

"I... umm.." but before I could finish I was interrupted by a boy in a black top at.

"Enough with your fictional magic Nerris, obviously Daniel isn't going to let us go looking for a fictional mountain so we can pretend to through a ring of power into it." The boy spoke, Neil pinched the bridge of his nose as if he had a headache, but before anyone else could say anything I interjected.