Chapter 19, Thinking

(Daniel’s POV)

“You know no one is ever going to love you when you do what you do.” Cameron’s voice cut the silence in the room, the only other noise I heard was him flipping 50 dollar bills onto the table in front of him and the sound of faint giggling and phone typing from across the room. I looked up to Cameron from my seat just across from him. He was still staring at the piles of bills in front of him, cigarette between his teeth.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked him, he rolled his eyes at me a bit but didn't break his counting focus.

“Well, I mean no one is ever going to love you because of what you do - whether it be a request from me or Simon.” Cameron said, I shook my head at him and denied what he was saying. He stopped counting his money for a second and took the cigarette out of his mouth with his free hand, blowing the smoke into my face.

“Not a single person in this whole world will love you after they find out how many people you have killed, and eventually they will find out. No matter what you do or where you go, who you tell or who you don't tell, that death toll is still on your head and you will carry that with you forever. Therefore, no one in this entire world will love you.” Cameron clarified. I took a deep breath, waiting to stand my ground.

“You’re an idiot. You don't know what your talking about. Someone will love me, it's just gotta be someone who can see past that stuff.” I replied, Cameron laughed at me so hard a tear fell from the corner of his eyes, he leaned over the table, scattering some of his money as he did so.

“Not a soul would forgive you for what you have done! Perhaps a mother fucker who is out of their damn mind but even then they probably still wouldn't love you.” Cameron informed me, he gestured over to Barry, the one giggling and typing away on their cell phone loudly across the room. He was laying on the busted up couch, legs basically in the air.

“Barry is fucking insane, let's ask him. Barry, you know Daniel right?” Cameron shouted from where we were sitting, Barry looked up from his spot on the couch; I could only see the pink in his hair and half of his eyes.

“Yes of course I know Daniel.” he replied, Cameron took another puff of his cigarette and blew the smoke in my face causing me to cough.

“Would you ever love Daniel, know about what he does for a living?” Cameron asked, Barry took a second to think and then laughed to himself.

“Hmm, well it really depends, how big is your dick Daniel?!” Barry shouted this while bursting into laughter, Cameron rolled his eyes at him and Barry eventually did stop laughing and answered the real question.

“All jokes aside, probably not. Daniel has killed so many people, like more than I have. That's just too crazy for me.” Barry laughed, again. Barry had just checked out of a mental institution not too long ago, he sort of lost touch with reality, he watched animated shows where he thought the characters were real and he used to kill people who argued with him online about it. He was supposed to be out on parol right now but he was avoiding the police. He couldn't break his parol if no one ever saw him. Barry really was insane, but yet he thought I was too much for him.

“See Danny? It's like I said. No one will ever love you knowing about what you do.” Cameron repeated, the words felt like a knife piercing my soul. I didn't like hearing this statement from Cameron or from anyone for that matter. The whole ‘no one would ever love you’ thing really upset me. Because it was true, I was told this from an early age. The only one who would ever love me was Zeemuug. I never had a real relationship and never would. Once someone found out how many bodies I had piled under my name, how many skeletons I had in my closet, that was it. They would throw themselves out of my life, running and screaming just like all the people I had killed for Zeemuug.