Chapter 22, Wrong

A/N I just wanted to let you guys know that one of the italic parts in Daniels past as to do with suicide. It is the second one that is in italics. So if you'd triggers you in anyway please feel free to pass over it and continue after this part.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

***

“...Daniel… Where are you? I’m scared… I’m so scared…”

I hated this so much. When I was younger I could withstand this torture. I had an impaired mentality because of my age. I used to think that there was nothing worse then what I was going through at that moment, and that the following day would be better. As I grew older, I found out that this was the biggest lie I was ever told, and I was told it by myself. As I sat in that dreaded room with the bleach showers feeling it burn my skin, I cried a bit. I never wanted to come back here, and yet here I was.

The showers turned off after a second and I fell onto the ground and coughed, I didn’t realize I as holding my breath until my lungs started to hurt. I gasped for air and lay there, awaiting the facettes to come back on and spray me with the horrible chemical that lightened my hair and skin. The door opened then, and Simon was standing over me, he had his hands placed on his hips and was leaning forward, looking at me. He shook his head and grit his teeth.

“I’m pretty disappointed in you… I would think you grew up a bit and learned how to deal with this stuff.” Simon spoke, I hated his voice, condescending and rough. I settled my rapid breathing and looked up at him, my palms keeping me up, my fingers grazing the wet floor, the smell of bleach flooding my nose.

“Where is David?” I asked, I didn’t want to entertain Simon anymore than I already had. He leaned down and grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and pulled me out of the room. Simon tossed me outside onto the hard floor and then pushed me up to my feet. Barry and Cameron were still here, spectating. Simon lead me off to another section of the basement. I knew these halls very well, and as we walked I knew where we were going. I just wondered if Simon would leave me there in silence or if he would put on the loud sirens. We got to the door and he opened it, inside was just darkness. I couldn’t see anything. I wasn’t fully convinced there was even a floor and walls in this room. Simon pushed me inside and I landed on my stomach, hitting the floor, debunking my previous thoughts. He shut the door behind him and the last bit of light was gone. I sat there, not wanting to move in fear something bad would happen.

“I feel like I can’t breath… Like the darkness weighs something and it’s laying on me” Gabe spoke, I shushed him. I was 10, I think Gabe was a year younger than me. This was the first time he was in the Dark Room. I had to make sure he didn't talk a lot because then he would be punished after.

“What? I hate it here! I'm going to complain all the damn day! Let me out!” Gabe shouted, now other people in the room were shushing him too. He screamed instead of complying. I didn't want to see him get hurt, but I knew now it was too late. The door swung open, and Simon was standing there, intimidating in his stance. He reached out and grabbed Gabe who screaming more and fought him, a grave mistake. Simon dragged him out of the Dark Room with force and slammed the door shut once again, leaving us in the room to only imagine what was going to happen to Gabe.

When we saw him again was the next day. The amount of cuts and scratched that were on his arms was insane, I had never seen anything like it in my life thus far. Gabe didn't talk again when we were in the Dark Room, he would just breath like the rest of us.

There were screams in the room that started about 10 minutes after I was put in there. They often filled the room with auditory distracts just to use as variables. I had never heard screaming before. I tried to plug my ears but the screams were so loud I could still hear them clear as day.