Chapter 12, Strike The Match

(David’s POV)

I was generally a nice person. I always tried my best to be nice and polite to anyone around me with the hopes that one day they will be a changed person and start being nice to everyone else too. I was also a generally behaved person, I never stepped out of line or did anything that may have come across ‘bad’ or ‘inappropriate’.

However,

It was hard to focus on my morals when my tongue was shoved in Daniel’s heavenly mouth and he was laying on top of me kissing me as deeply as he could. There was something about him that made me not want to stop, even though my lungs craved breath my lips craved his. I was huffing as he did this, only pulling off for seconds at a time, his hands tugging at my hair and mine just wrapped around his shoulders. This came out of nowhere, one minute we were drinking out of a pop bottle and the next he was on top of me. Thoughts were racing through my head like ‘what if someone sees us?’ and ‘why would Daniel do this?’ I wasn't even sure if he liked me in this way or if I liked him in this way, all I knew was he was kissing me and I loved it. Eventually neither of us could take it anymore and he pulled off me, breathing heavily. I stared at him and he stared back at me, loosening his grip on my hair. My face was burning up and his was red, in complete contrast with his pale skin.

“Why…” Daniel began, taking a big breath, the way he said that word made me a bit nervous, but he soon replied.

“Why did it take us so long to do that?” Daniel continued, I laughed a bit and shrugged not taking my eyes off of his.

“I don't know, but what I do know is I want to do it again.” I said, pulling him down and locking our lips together yet again. Daniel moaned into our kiss and it sent shivers down my spine. I shoved him backwards, only breaking our kiss for a second and then climbing back on him to connect our lips ones again. I pulled him closer to me, his chest against mine and my legs on either side of his thin waist. He broke the kiss for a bit and kissed my jaw line, causing my eyes to roll back a bit. I pulled his lips back to mine and kissed him again. I never wanted to let go of him. But then I heard something, like a footstep on grass to my right. I heard another one quickly after and then again, this is when I reluctantly pulled off of Daniel an turned to face the direction of the noise.

“Where did you go?” Daniel asked, his eyes still closed, his mouth looking for mine. I spotted a shadowy figure coming out of the tree line and over to us, they were small, kid sized. As they approached us the dark outline became a person, and as they walked even closer I saw that it was Neil.

“Hey sorry David I left my one blanket in the mess hall today because I used it to sit on and now I'm cold so I was wondering if you had the keys to the mess hall so I could… uh, wait a second.” Neil was explaining his situation when he suddenly stopped, spotting me straddling Daniel and Daniel laying there with his eyes closed and arms wrapped around my hips. I quickly wiped the spit off my mouth and climbed off of Daniel, waving to Neil.

“Hey Neil! Do you need the keys to the mess hall to get your blanket?” I asked him, Neil stared at me with a very confused face and then Daniel turned to see him and he looked embarrassed. I was not a good liar so hopefully Neil didn't ask what we were doing.

“That would be ideal but… is this a bad time?” Neil asked, I waved my hands and shook my head, causing Daniel to sit up and give me a questioning look. He slowly turned and saw Neil and his expression changed instantly to looking nonshalontly in the sky. I started to stand up.

“No no! It's a fine time! Me and Daniel were just heading to the mess hall anyways to put away this pop bottle we were using!” I said, Daniel nodding at me assuring Neil that's what we were doing, Neil raised and eyebrow at me and looked very unsure of the situation. I just went along with his request and started to walk off towards the mess hall, pulling the key out of my pocket. Daniel and Neil both followed me over there, I was walking a bit slow because of how dark it was at the moment and also something else that I didn't want to focus much attention on because I was helping Neil right now and also it just wasn't something I needed on my mind. We made it over to the mess hall and I unlocked the door, opening it and turning the lights on. I spotted Neil blanket messily thrown on the seat at one of the tables, Neil walked over and got it, coming back over to me and Daniel. I turned off the lights and locked up, and it was only when we were leaving the silence was broken.