Chapter 13, Secret

(Daniel’s POV)

“So I am 100% for this don't get me wrong Daniel, but there is a bit of a problem with our whole new situation.” David spoke to me while fixing his bandana while I was putting on my socks, ready to spend the day watching rude mannered children and kissing David more. Even though I didn't want to stop kissing him yesterday we both grew tired and out of breath, we stopped dry humping on the wall outside and called it a night when we got back to our cabin. When the sun came through the window this morning I felt a new sense of worth, and I honestly felt a lot better about myself then I ever had my entire life.

“What's the problem sugar lips?” I asked David, he giggled at the nickname. I never met a guy who could giggle that cutely. He slowly turned to face me and then plopped himself down on my bed beside me.

“Dating coworkers is very taboo - at  least it is here. We work with kids who might not understand and we need to keep this whole thing low key for a bit, at least until I see how the kids will react to it.” David explained, I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Who said we were dating?” I asked him, and it wasn't because I didn't want to date him it was because we hadn't labeled our relationship yet and I also liked seeing him flustered. I never seen someone get so red in the face and stammer out so many nonsensical sentenced.  I laughed a bit at him and kissed him on the cheek.

“I'm just kidding. We can date. I'd like that. Would you rather me call you sugar lips or boyfriend than?” I asked, David’s face slowly went back to its normal colour and he bit his lip slightly.

“Both. Both is good.” he smirked a bit, I kissed him on the lips then, but only for a little bit. I rested my forehead on his and looked into his eyes.

“Of course we can keep it low key until you get comfortable with it, or until the kids get comfortable with it or whatever. Just give me the word and I'll explode with PDA, but for now we can just act like bros.” I was serious at first but then I started joking. David rolled his eyes and laughed at the end of my sentence.

“Everytime we kiss I'll just say ‘no homo’ but secretly it will be homo.” I added, David pushed me playfully and laughed harder.

“Oh stop it Daniel! Don't be silly like that!” David laughed. He was so fucking wholesome, I loved it. I wanted to be with him ever since I saw him for the first time where his very presence stopped me from killing a camp full of kids. My knowledge of his existence turned my entire life around, and now I could kiss him and be with him. I didn't care if I had to keep it quiet while David figured out how to present a relationship to kids at the camp. I know it was weird that David wanted to keep us from these random campers but I knew he cared for them like they were his own kids, so it was kind of like a dad introducing his kids to his new boyfriend and that could be weird.

David and I walked out of the cabin and he went off to the mess hall to greet any campers who were already awake and I went to gather the stragglers from their tents. I looked around and found Harrison and Nerris arguing about top hats verses wizard hats and Space Kid was running in circles screaming meteor shower while Nurf threw rocks at him. I pitched the idea of a top hat with a pointy top to Nerris and Harrison and then took the rocks away from Nurf and rescued Space Kid who in return held onto my leg like a toddler.

We all walked over to the mess hall and David served everyone breakfast. I sat down beside David at a table and ate my food peaceful while playing footsies with David from under the table, David giggled every time I shoved his foot, and I shushed him every time he did it. I noticed that Max kept looking over at us and staring me down so I eventually stopped and just acted like nothing had happened, David however, even after stating he wanted to lay low for a while, was laughing and blushing and grinning at me while tapping his feet against mine really not trying to keep I a secret. He was just sad cheery all the time, it was sweet but he really wasn't one for hiding his emotions, especially happy ones.