Chapter 5, And It All Just Stopped

(Daniel's POV)

When the sun rose up from the horizon this morning, I jumped out of bed to get an early start on my newest cult recruits! I still had a handful of children I needed get on my side including Max, but I was feeling extra motivated today and that was always good. Gwen was still sleeping when I woke up and I didn't blame her, she had a hard day of being absolutely oblivious yesterday. I walked over to the small bathroom in the other room and changed out of my pajamas and into a white t shirt and white shorts. I was hoping I could get this job over and done with before my actual work shirt came in. I didn't like the green, it wasn't clean enough.

I opened the door and walked out into the fresh air of the outdoors. Nikki and Space Kid were there to greet me this morning, smiles plastered across their faces.

"Good morning Daniel~" they chimed in harmony. I smiled at them as well, seeing the kids so happy made me happy because it meant that they would all ascend on Friday and Simon would be so proud of me again. He would probably tell me that I was like the son he never had and what not.

"Good morning children! So, what have you done so far this morning, anything interesting?" I asked, Space Kid gestured over to Dolf who was holding Eren in his grasp.

"let go of me! This is so uncool." she complained. I smiled and walked over to her.

"Oh Eren, do you wanna be cool? Like us?" I asked, she just pulled on Dolf who was surprisingly strong for a little child.

"No! Let go of me!" she shouted. I pulled out my phone and showed her the screen filled with static and noise. She stared at it, her eyes going glassy and wide. She began to smile and become still in Dolf arms.

"Wow, you're so cool Daniel..." she spoke. I smiled and thanked her, patting her head. I placed the phone into my pocket and walked off with the kids following behind me. I didn't know where Preston was, but he was next on my list to join my team. I walked over to the tents that the kids slept in and found Preston waking up and walking away. I looked at the kids. 1... 2... 3... I was missing two of them. Max and Neil.

"Have any of you sweet children seen Max or Neil?" I asked them, Nikki walked over to there tent and then looked at me.

"I heard them talking last night but I don't know what they were saying." Nikki spoke.

"They had an argument a while back about someone kissing someone... I don't know what it was really about but it qas something like that. They might have been arguing again." Harrison replied. I walked over to the tent and opened it. I noticed a few things right away. The blankets were tossed on the ground, their shoes were gone and their flashlights weren't here either. The tent wasn't in warm, it was freezing inside. If someone was in here, then it would have been at least a little warm because of body heat. I walked over and touched the mattress on the left side. Cold.

"It seems like your friends escaped last night. I don't know where they went so how about this - we find Preston and bring him over here and then we go on a hunt for our other two campers!" I told the kids, they cheered and ran off after Preston. I didn't care if there were two kids I didn't mind control, I would just have to use force now. I didn't know where they ran off to but I was sure I would find them. Or, if they didn't come back, I would just kill all these kids and then leave without a trace. As long as majority is killed then that's fine. Simon won't be as proud, but I'm sure he would be ok.

"Daniel we got Preston!" Nikki chimed out, I smiled at her and walked over to him, preparing my phone and video in order to send him into a spiral of nothing except love for me and Zeemuug.

Gwen finally woke up when I had already converted our little drama geek and was setting up a table to create my purple poison. Gwen looked around a little confused.

"Wow, you really made quick work of these kids huh?" she spoke, I nodded and so did the kids.

"We love Daniel Miss. Gwen, don't you?" Nerris cheered. Gwen made a nervous laugh.

"Well if he's able to make you kids listen to him then yeah I do love him." Gwen chuckled. I smiled at the kids and clapped my hands together.

"Ok kids, who wants to help me gather the materials to make our special drink!" I said, all the kids jump and raised their hands. Gwen patted my shoulder.

"Still amazed, we're you like, professionally trained or something?" she asked me, I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Eh, sort of." I told her. She laughed again and then began to walk off.

"I'm going to go and watch some TV if that's ok with you, you seem to have everything under control here." She informed me. I nodded to her and waved.

"Gwen you can take as much time as you need, I've got it covered." I grinned at her. She walked off and I was alone with my sacrifices yet again. I placed a huge punch bowl on the table while Space Kid laid out plastic cups and Nerris began placing the ingredients on the table. Grape Kool-aid mix, water, and rat poison. That's all that we needed. A cup of this should kill them instantly. Nikki started mixing the Kool-aid together while Nerris poured in the poison. It was a little strange watching these kids mix together a punch that would kill them. Not that they had any knowledge about it,
There minds had a smoky screen covering them now and all they knew is that they loved me and that Zeemuug would save them in the after life.

Nurf and Dolf came up to me seconds later, I had sent them to check the camp for Max and Neil but they told me they couldn't find them. This was so stupid, I can't believe they just left. Also, the fact that this camp didn't know that two of their kids were missing and just sort of moved on from it was also stupid, I mean how is it still even running? U wanted to get out of here.

"Damnit. It looks like we're going to have to have our party without them." I shouted, I was angry but also trying to make the kids excited. They cheered and then I heard something else.

"A party?!" someone shouted in excitement from behind me. I turned, ready to snap.

"Who the fu... Wait...." I stopped talking all together. My heart beat in my chest so hard it psychially hurt. My eyes wouldn't move from his. They were bright green, full of sunshine and smiles and positivity. His hair was dark red, almost brown, it was styled like mine. He had a huge smile on his face, one I had never seen before, one that made some strange emotion boil inside of me. One that had been sealed away from my childhood. One I forgot I had. One that made me feel warm, fuzzy, happy.

"Why you must be Daniel, Max mentioned that you were new here! My name is David, it's nice to meet you!" He spoke, his voice was laced with candy and brightness. He reached out his hand to me. Max said something along the lines of, 'no you fucking idiot attack him!' but I didn't hear him very well. I stared at his hand, then his face. I dropped my cup, the Kool-aid spilling and staining my shoes.

All that anger. All that rage. My constant goal of pleasing Simon. My belief in Zeemuug. My belief in death solves everything. My ideas about killing kids. My ideas about killing anyone. They shook, they started to fade...

And it all just stopped.