Chapter 5

There was hardly any people when we arrived at the club. Just the staff were there to help Otabek set up. We were allowed to go in but Phichit and I wanted to go walk around for a bit. It was surprisingly cold so Otabek and Seung told us to take their jackets.

We walked down to the street corner and spent half an hour in a store before heading back to the club. There was already a line forming at the doors but Otabek gave us passes that let us skip the line.

The club was packed but we were able to find Seung who was waiting by the bar. Otabek was already playing and the music selection was good. He wasn't playing all night. He was just opening up for another DJ.

He joined us when he was done with his set and handed me a drink which I took with a smile.

"What did you think?" He had to lean into me since the music was loud.

"It was good. I didn't recognize some of the songs though." He blushed as a small smile appeared on his face.

"Those were my original songs." My eyes widened in surprise.

"Was that you singing?" He nodded and his blush grew darker. "Wow. You have a really good voice."

"Thanks."

We left soon after since the club was getting to be a little overbearing. Phichit and Seung separated from us when we left the club since he wanted to get drinks for when we got home.

I told Otabek to take a longer way home just because I was starting to enjoy spending time with him even if we didn't talk. At one point I laid my head against his shoulder feeling more than content being with him.

I had closed my eyes for what felt like a minute but when I opened them, I noticed that we were near my house. Disappointment flooded me when he pulled into the driveway and parked the bike next to Seung's.

Music was blaring from the stereo that sat on the kitchen counter when we walked in. Phichit smiled at us and gave each of us a cup filled with a deep red liquid.

When I asked what it was he just shrugged. "A type of jungle juice. It's been a while since we had some and I thought that we should introduce it to these two."

I shuddered at the words jungle juice. The last time I drank jungle juice we had been at a dorm party in Detroit. That night ended with me throwing up and passing out in the bathroom. I chuckled at the memory and took a sip of the drink.

"What's jungle juice?" Otabek looked at his cup warily as if he were afraid to drink it.

"It's a combination of energy drinks, vodka, soda, and fruit punch. Try it. It's not as bad as you think." I took another sip and shivered as the burn of the alcohol sent a warm buzz through my stomach.

He hesitated before taking a small sip of it.

"People drink this in America?" Seung scrunched his nose when he smelled it.

"It's not that bad. I actually like it." Otabek said before taking another sip.

"It's good but you should take small sips. I know it doesn't really taste like it but it's really strong." Phichit giggled when I said that.

"You remember when-"

"Yes I do that's why I laughed when you handed this to me." I laughed again and shook my head as the memory ran through my mind again.

The next couple of hours consisted of dancing, talking, out of tune singing, and more drinking. At one point, I stepped out on the balcony to cool down. Otabek must have noticed my absence because I heard the sliding door open and saw him step outside.