Chapter 11

I woke up earlier than Otabek the next morning. He seemed to be catching a bad cold yesterday so I told him that we were staying home if he got a fever. When I woke up, I checked his temp since he was moaning in his sleep.

It was 102 when I first checked. That was two hours ago. I checked it again and it came up to 106. I was getting a little anxious since he might have caught it while we were in Tokyo.

He woke up a while later. His face was puffy around his eyes and he was obviously uncomfortable.

"Yuri. It's hot." He tossed the blanket off of himself and spread his limbs out against the bed.

"If it starts to get any worse we'll go to the hospital. Here. Drink this." A friend I met in Detroit was a huge herbal healing fanatic so when I was really sick, she gave me a health shot. I'm not sure of the real term for it but it had a lot of stuff in it that got rid of the fever in a few hours.

"Be prepared. It doesn't taste very nice." He took the small glass filled with the green liquid and took it like a shot. I laughed and took the cup from him.

"That's disgusting. What is that?" Otabek rolled over onto his stomach and looked at me through half closed eyes.

"A herbal juice. My friend told me to give it to you. It'll help with the pain and fever but it'll take a while for it to work." He nodded and I went downstairs to rinse out the cup.

Phichit and Seung were sitting in the living room watching Shaun Of The Dead.

When I walked out of the kitchen Phichit sat up from the floor. "Is he okay?"

"I don't know. His temp is higher than when I first checked. He didn't really say much." I looked down at my hands and pushed my glasses up my nose. Shaking my head, I looked back up at Phichit.

"It's not your fault Yuri. The change in environment is probably what's messing with him. I'm sure he'll be fine." He got up and hugged me before going into the kitchen. "I'll make the soup. Go and nurse your baby."

I laughed and walked up stairs to find Otabek laying on the floor. His voice cracked when he spoke.

"This is a hellish world I'm in right now. I feel like I'm in the clouds. What did you put in that?" I laughed and sat beside him on the floor.

"It was just a blend of different herbs. Nothing that would get you high. That's just what it does. Basically like a detox mix." He rested his head on my lap making me jump slightly.

"My god you're burning up." I grabbed a small bowl of water that sat on the night stand next to the bed. There was a small rag in it that I rung out and wiped gently at Otabek's forehead.

He hummed and closed his eyes while I laid the rag across his forehead. I grabbed an old shirt from a basket that sat across from me. Tearing a strip from it, I put the make shift rag in the bowl of water and rung it out before placing it behind his neck.

"Better?" He nodded. I gently lifted his head so that I could get up. "Phichit is making a brothy soup. If you can't hold that down then we're going to the hospital. You wanna watch some thing while we wait?"

"I'll watch whatever you want to." I nodded and sat on the floor to think of what to watch.

Without saying anything, I grabbed my laptop off the desk and sat down on the floor. I searched for Warm Bodies on Netflix then propped my laptop on a pillow while it loaded. The movie started and we were immediately engulfed in the movie.

We were about half way through the movie when Phichit knocked on my door. He walked in and chuckled when he noticed what we were watching.

"Food's done. I made some extra spicy curry for you and a rendition of meat gravy over rice for the sick cub." He wagged his eyebrows up and down causing Otabek to snort.