Chapter Twelve

May stood next to the other professors in the grand hall waiting for the champions to enter and perform the first dance. The weasley girl clapped with everyone as they entered and they started to dance soon everyone was dancing to the traditional music and as soon as it started the song changed to rock music. 

May sat in the corner watching her brother and Harry sit with their dates, she couldn't understand why they looked so glum and was about to make her way over when a student came and stood in her way. Seamus Finnigan had slowly walked up to the professor and stood in front of her twiddling his thumbs. May smiled at the boy she knew had a crush on her because he made it so obvious but she thought it was cute, she remembered what it was like to be a student after all. 

The song changed to a slow one as May saw Ron and Harry follow Hermione who had stormed out, "wo...would you like to dance?" Seamus stuttered and then mentally slapped himself for being such an idiot. 

May smiled at the young boy and nodded "sure" she stood up and grabbed Mr Finnigan's hand as they started to slowly sway from side to side. After the dance and all of the students had gone back to their beds, the professors stayed behind to enjoy the tranquillity of the room. Dumbledore had asked May to ask and they swayed in the middle of the room gently talking between them.

"I ever thought I would be here," May said as she looked up at the headmaster.  

"I knew you would," he answered which caused large smiles to spread on both of their faces, "you were so determined to help others I knew you would become a professor" May smiled and twirled in a circle, her dress flowing gracefully around her.

"thank you Albus"