Chapter Sixteen

Dumbledore stood at the front of the grand hall as he talked out to the people who sat before him, "today we acknowledge a loss Cedric Diggory was hardworking, fair-minded and a fierce friend and I think you should know how he died. You see, he was murdered by... lord Voldemort, the ministry of magic thinks that this should be kept from you but not to tell you would be an insult to his memory. The pain we all feel will not go away but it has brought us together. He had not died in vain and we will celebrate his life"

May looked up at the ceiling and didn't see the normal sky that normally shone down on the students it was just a normal ceiling, when she looked back at the front she adjusted the hat that sat on her head.

May knew that the world had changed and it was never going back to the way it was. The Weasley looked at the herd of students that hugged their new friends goodbye. May, Madame Maxine and the girls walked to their carriage after saying their own goodbyes.

May Weasley smiled as she sat at the window, "do you have to leave us, chérie?" Madam Maxine asked as the girls looked on with hopeful eyes at their favourite teacher.

May smiled sadly at everyone around her in the carriage before answering, "yeah I do, I need a new start and to be closer to my family" May's green eyes glittered with mischief "and I think Hogwarts is finally ready for me" laughter filled the air and everyone was happy.

Meanwhile, Finnigan sighed as he watched the carriage fly away, "I'm gonna miss her" he spoke his mind not realising he was speaking out loud. The twins laughed as they stood on either side of him, "well not for long, our big sis is the new DADA teacher here at Hogwarts" the younger boy's eyes lit up as everyone around him laughed at his reaction.