Chapter Twenty-Four

The next day Hermione walked through the corridors thinking about Harry and Umbridge, it made her stomach turn knowing there was nothing anyone could do about it until she saw a wave of ginger hair, "May!" she shouted, "professor!" 

May skidded to a stop when she heard her name being screeched. "May I need to tell you something," May's smile drooped when she saw the look in Hermione's eyes, May's eyes flared with fire and after the girl had finished the professor marched towards Dumbledore's office.

May didn't even bother knocking and shoved the door open and saw Dumbledore sitting at his desk, "Umbridge is a psychopath!" she accused, "she made Harry write with a 'special' pen and now he had scars on his hand!" 

Dumbledore looked stunned for a moment but regained himself with a simple, "I know." May fiery eyes were now directed towards the headmaster, "you... know!" May stated slowly taking a pause in between each word. May's nostrils flared as her anger reached its peak, "you know that... that frog has been torturing students and you sit here doing nothing!" but at the end of her rant the door opened and Umbridge walked in. The old headmaster spoke softly to the professor, "I am about to do something about it now" Dumbledore's eyes told her to leave and so she did.

For the rest of the day she tried to avoid Umbridge as much as she could but when she was called into her office she had to face her. "Do you know why you are here?" Umbridge asked as May walked into the room, "I would like you to write a few lines for me." 

May stared at the woman in shock, "lines?" she asked as she looked towards the quill and parchment Umbridge ignored her question. 

"I want you to write I shall not disrespect my superiors." 

May sat down but did not pick up the quill, "I am a professor I will not write lines for you or anybody else"

 Umbridge wiped around and shouted, "you will!" her voice became annoyingly calm once again "write the lines." May knew there was no other way and once she had finished writing the first line it showed on her hand, 'i shall not disrespect my superiors' was embedded into her skin and it bled a little as May looked up at Umbridge. 

"I would like you to go and get the classroom ready for MY next class" Umbridge almost shouted my part and smirked like she had won gold May nodded as she stood up and walked towards the door, "oh and Weasley..." Umbridge called "never go to Dumbledore again" her voice was dangerous and sharp and May just nodded. What was she going to do?