Chapter Fifteen

May sat in-between McGonagall and Snape as Dumbledore introduced the last trial, her white dress hung to her skin as she pulled the black blazer tighter around her body. "The Triwizard cup has been placed deep within the maze and our champions will have to find it," Dumbledore spoke loudly so everyone could hear him, "Mr Diggory and Mr Potter will be the first to enter the maze followed by Mr Krum and Miss Delecour, the first to touch the cup will be the winner" he continued to explain the rules but May was to busy worrying about Harry and the other contestants, something didn't feel right like something really bad was going to happen. 

After hours of anxiously waiting, Harry and Cedric were the only two that needed to come back, May played with her sleeves as she began to get even more nervous for the boys left in the maze. "Something isn't right" May whispered but just as she said that Harry and Cedric were thrown out of the bushes Harry was on top of Cedric who had yet to move. May rushed forwards when she heard a scream and kneeled next to the boys. May looked up at Dumbledore and shook her head telling the older man with the look on her face that Diggory was dead.

"keep everyone in their seats" 

Cedric had been killed and May knew that it was because of the killing curse, it was something that wizards and witches could just tell. May wanted to cry at the sight of a father crying over his dead son, she turned with tears in her eyes towards her own father and stood up to walk up to him and hug him as she cried softly into his chest. 

Once May had stopped crying she turned to look at Harry but he wasn't there "Albus, where's Harry?" she asked as all the professors turned to her and then to the door where mad eye and harry had disappeared into.

All the professors apart from May ran into the gap and made their way to where Mad-Eye had taken Harry. May went to go but was pulled back by her dad "let them handle it" Arthur wrapped his arms around his oldest. Even though she was an adult she still needed her dad.