Chapter Sixty-Two

May looked towards the students as they got ready for the battle that was about to take place, they all ran in different directions but moved out of the way as the adults walked towards the main door.

"You're actually giving us permission to do this! to blow it up! boom!" Neville said as he ran next to McGonagall.

The teacher nodded and answered, "Yes, Mr Longbottom boom!" 

May placed a hand on the young boy's shoulder before telling him, "Take Mr Finnigan with you as I recall he had quite the talent for blowing things up" Seamus smiled and ran towards the bridge with Neville following him. 

"you do know we can't keep you know who out," May rolled her eyes at the professor's negativity. 

"no but we can delay him and his name is Voldemort" McGonagall stated, "you may as well say his name, he's going to try and kill you either way" The old professor turned and shouted a spell, large statues fell from their places and marched forwards in an attempt to protect Hogwarts. McGonagall turned to May and her mum and smiled, "I've always wanted to use that spell." 

May smiled and walked towards a group of students who stood by their side, she hoped that everything would be alright and she willed that everyone would live but she knew that would not be the case.

May pointed her want to the sky and white sparks of light began to shoot out of it which helped to create the force field around the school. Hopefully, that would protect them as much as it could. May knew people were going to die that night and it made her sad thinking that it might be someone from her family, she hoped they were all safe and cared for and that she would get to see them all alright after the battle but sometimes hope isn't enough.