Chapter Thirteen

It was the day of the second trial and May was already at the stands that sat in the middle of the black lake with Madam Maxine in a purple dress that had been chosen by the large woman. May shook her head gently "it's barbaric" she whispered once all four had entered the water, the ginger woman then giggled as she thought she sounded a lot like Hermione who she hadn't seen with Harry.

It was a waiting game and May didn't like any of it. Fleur was the first to resurface coughing, crying and spluttering "something went wrong" her wet hair sticking to her face as she cried into May's shoulder. The professor had wrapped her arms around the student, holding her close and spoke calmly into her ear "it's alright sh... sh... it alright... your safe" May pulled away so the girl could be wrapped in a warm fluffy towel by her friends. 

The hour was almost up when Cedric Diggory and Cho Chang emerged from the water, the boy waved at the cheering pupils and helped the girl swim towards the stands. Victor krum and Hermione were next, May felt a wave of concern for the Gryffindor but it soon vanished when she saw that she was alright wrapped in a towel trying to avoid Krum. Then May could see two heads pop from the water and begin to swim to the stands, it was Ron and Gabrielle Delacour but no Harry. 

May could feel that something was wrong and stood closer to the water trying to look for Harry through the gentle waves but she was splashed with water when he came flying out of the waves and onto the platform behind her. May smiled gently as the boy who lived was wrapped in a towel and bombarded with questions.