Chapter Thirty-Seven

May Weasley packed her bags for her journey to Hogwarts with haste and excitement. Mrs Weasley walked into her daughter's room and smiled, it was nice for her to see her oldest happy again and that was because of Hogwarts. 

A silent message was passed from mother to daughter to be safe and then May evaporated into Hogwarts to begin her year of teaching.

"WHAT?!!!" May screeched as she stood in Dumbledore's office "You said that last year I would be a professor, not an assistant, especially after having to be an assistant to that.. that woman from last year," May shouted, "but here we are you telling me that I will be an assistant to a professor that I have never heard of!" 

Dumbledore sat at his desk with his eyebrows raised, "I never said you won't be an assistant this year"

"Yes you did"

"No, I didn't"

"No, you didn't but it sounds better for me if you did," May huffed and sat down in the chair, "Why can't I be the assistant to Severus or Minerva? why this Slughorn?" May glared down at the table and began to tap her fingers in a rhythm that Dumbledore had never heard of. Albus didn't have to say anything because he knew that May would do this for him and his thoughts were cut off by Ma,y "Fine! I will be an 'assistant' again but if he is any worse than last year I will be out of Hogwarts quicker than you can say Gryffindor!" 

Dumbledore smiles and walked around the desk to stand in front of the oldest Weasley and quietly said "I wouldn't expect anything less."

May went to leave but turned to the headmaster and pointed towards the growing black mark on his hand and said "It's getting worse," and with that, she left.