Promises

Carlton POV
2 1/2 hours ago
"You can trust me,you don't have to be scared you also don't have to tell me everything or you're life story in all one night just tell me the important stuff please" I talked as softly as I could to my mate as I sat in front of her. I watched as she twitched on the sofa that's she sitting on for another five minutes until she let out a deep shaky breath and nodded her head.
"I'll tell you the key points that happened in my life that lead me up to this point but you have to promise not to lash out please" She all but stuttered the entire sentence as she avoided eye contact with me,she kept her graze on her knotted fingers for a couple seconds before asking me a question that stunned me.

"May I look at you when I speak?" My mouth dropped open as my wolf growled not liking that's she asking permission to look at me,me her mate and her equal she should never keep her head bowed and her eyes on the ground unless the moon goddess herself comes down here to talk to her.

I reached out and put my finger under her chin to lift her head up to look at me and didn't miss the way she flinched slightly.
"You never ever show people your submission unless it's the goddess herself understand? You are a luna now but your also my equal we balance each other out so that means we do not bow our heads at each other and you do not submit to me okay?"

She nods her head and I hum in content that she understood. She takes a breath before she lifts her head.
"My name is Isabella and a few years ago my older brother Max and I got attacked when we were out in the woods. He told me to leave and call for help but when we got back he wasn't there, we looked for him but by the 8th month everyone gave up and said he died and I was the reason for it. From that day forward I've been beaten and made the omega of the pack. I founded my mate well ex mate the night of a party that was going on and one than lead to another and we slept together, I thought that'll be the end of my misery because he was the soon to be alpha but I was wrong the next morning I found him and my sister having sex and he rejected me in front of the whole pack during breakfast. I couldn't take it anymore so I left and here I am."

By the time she was done with her story my wolf and I were on the edge of losing control not only did people but their hands on her in a harmful way but my wolf wasn't liking
the fact that she slept with someone that wasn't him. When I looked at her I could hear that she was trying not to cry I reached out to hug her and she flinched again.

That just made my wolf more mad and before I could stop he took control and started damaging the office. I don't know what happened after that because I blacked out. When I finally got back control my office looked like a tornado went through it, I huffed and ran my hand through my hair.
"Shît" I muttered softly to myself, I took another second to calm down before trying to see if my wolf was okay but he blocked me out so I decided to go check up on Isabella. I walked out my office and saw the twins.
"She in the room next to yours" Was the first thing that came out their mouths, I'm not surprised this isn't the first time I lost it. I gave them a nod before going upstairs, I made it to the room next to mines and heard soft breathing meaning she's asleep I opened the door a little and walked in. She looked like a sleeping angel, I walked to the side of her bed and caress her cheek softly and smiled when she leaned into it unknowingly.

"I would protect you with my life and love you like no one has loved anyone in this world before. I promise the only feeling you'll know now is love and happiness" I whispered before kissing her forehead before leaving her room and going to mine. I changed into some sweatpants and laid down and the last thing on my mind was, I made a promise and I plan on keeping every word.