15 | boo-hoo

DANIEL DIDN'T PICK ME up today, and I was relieved because I was able to spend my morning in silence. I'd expect to have met up with him when I arrived at school, but I didn't. I didn't even talk to Anna because she was busy with some activities with her friends, and so I spent the day alone. It didn't feel weird because I used to be alone at school a lot, but I almost got used to having the two—mostly Daniel—being around me.

I still felt content with the situation though.

There was something about walking alone through the hallways in an all-black outfit (it was "Goth day") that made me feel... safe. I didn't have to say anything, I didn't have to be with anyone at the time and I could go anywhere, especially since classes weren't on until next week. I was in the library a lot today, and I didn't talk to anyone. I liked it, I genuinely liked how it was quiet around me despite earphones were playing music in my ears.

It was only until I was forced out of the library and to the fields did the day turn out less quiet. I still had earphones on, I didn't give two shits about what was going on in the game, but I watched it nonetheless. I noticed Daniel a few seats down, but he was with friends so I didn't bother him. Obviously that didn't ruin my day as he didn't spare a glance towards me, but it was Blaire that sort of irked me.

As much as I enjoy not paying her any attention, she was persistent and is the type of person to always want a reaction from her victims. She noticed how I was sitting alone, and approached me, I paid her no mind. "Where's your friend, Logan? Did he realize how much of a prude you were and dumped your ass?" I continued to stare forward, probably looked dead to her, but in reality... yes, I was in fact dead inside.

"You're really not going to give me any attention?" I wanted to laugh at how desperate and pathetic she sounded. "So you wouldn't mind if I snagged your boyfriend?"

He's not my boyfriend but I'm sure he'll never want a girl like you.

"I'll take the silence as a yes," she grinned in triumphant and I rolled my eyes. She pushed herself off the bench beside me and sat beside Daniel, having the person who was just talking to him scoot over. I watched with a bored look as she placed a hand on his arm, fluttering her eyes as she talked to him and how uncomfortable Daniel looked made me almost laugh.

At first glance of the boy, it was obvious that he doesn't face these type of situations a lot as he comes off as a kind boy, the "boy next door" and has the personality of an actual gentleman. What Blaire is trying to achieve isn't going to work, and how upset she looked when Daniel shook his head, a shy smile on his face, made it obvious that she got rejected. And for a girl that would always get what she want, it didn't seem like she liked it.

But with her bratty attitude, came violence. I watched as she lifted her hand, prepared to slap Daniel, but I guess he saw that coming because he caught her wrist in her hands. Even then, he still looked so calm and collected as he told her off, to which she stubbornly huffed and walked away.

Didn't he handle that well.

At the end of the day, I was able to leave school and say while I was in my front seat, "I made it out without having to talk to anyone—holy shit." Even if I saw Daniel on the way out of the building, I didn't talk to him and he didn't talk to me either. Of course I had the urge to talk to him, and ask what Blaire had told me, but then again, I didn't care and it looked like she was rejected either way.

I arrived home fast, avoided almost all traffic and was greeted by Ellie purring against my feet. "Hey bud." I picked her up, cradling her in my arms before we settled on the couch. I opted to continue watching, preparing a bag of popcorn and cup of iced coffee. I knew my mom was out with Marissa, and if not, she was at work. Either way, I was alone in the apartment and accompanied by Ellie.