37 | lila

THREE DAYS WERE LEFT before I had to leave for my trip to Paris. I was officially crowned the bitch of the school, despite only being enrolled less than a year ago. But as usual, I didn't care. I walked through the halls avoiding everyone, not caring about the graffiti on my locker a few assholes gifted me. I won't be using this in three days, so why should I care? Anna had completely stopped acknowledging my existence and I was relieved, but I had wished that she'd talk to me in a more private manner. Maybe I could've explained my reasons in a less public area.

I couldn't do anything about it, so I didn't give it a second thought.

Daniel had come back to school, but his face was still prominent of bruising as the area around his left eye was a sickly purple, and he was limping a lot. I knew my feelings for him hadn't died down—not that I expected them to, but I hoped—because I would spare a few glances in his direction as he'd sit on his chair in front of me, hearing him wince and I'd look away. I would even wait in the back of the line just so I could make sure he went to his seat with his friends without any trouble.

It was hard for me to not care for him when all he's ever done for me was care.

As I was about to receive my food for lunch, I felt something cold run down the back of shirt, a chorus of laughter echoing throughout the cafeteria, as I looked back to find people I barely know—and by barely, I've never talked to them. One of them, a girl with fiery red hair had a smirk on her face as she held a plastic cup. I was sure it was some sort of smoothie that she poured down the back of my shirt.

"Lila, what the hell?!" Anna's voice boomed throughout the cafeteria as she approached the red-head. "Why did you do that?"

Lila was evidently confused, so was I because I thought Anna hated me. "She deserves it for being such a bitch to you."

"Yeah, to me," Anna repeated, "meaning that I have a problem with her, she has a problem with me, alright? It's only between the two of us and you shouldn't be involved."

"But—"

"Just leave," Anna cut her off, waving the trio off. The blonde girl glanced over at me, her lips parting a bit as if she wanted to say something before she looked away and walked out of the cafeteria. I had stared at the ground even after she had left, and looked up to see people still staring—a few in disgust, a few pitied me, but one in particular was completely blank. Daniel stared blankly towards me, even while our eyes locked. I was the first to break it, walking out of the cafeteria, and then out of the school.

She's more hurt than hate. She doesn't hate you entirely, or else she would've just walked away. Same with Daniel—the two are, well, were my only friends and I pushed them away. Of course Daniel has a reason to hate, and I gave Anna a reason to dislike me as well. She doesn't know that I'm moving across the ocean for the next few years, but even if she did, maybe she'd understand why I did what I did.

"God, you're a fucking bitch," I cursed to myself as I gripped onto my steering wheel. I didn't want to drive anywhere, and I probably can't with how I'm acting right now. Angry tears ran down my face as I glared at nothing. The hood of my jacket not covering my messy hair anymore as my knuckles turned white with the tight grip of my hands.

Not telling them was a mistake. I should've told them about this before; if I hadn't been so selfish maybe this entire situation would've been avoided. I can't turn back time though, and I have to pull through the next three days.

this is the shortest chapter i've ever written for this book with less than 1k words

and there's about three chapters left in this book :)

im really tired and sleepy, and ive been this way for the past few days and its only the first week of school. i cant wait til the weekend to just sleep for as long as i want

also keeping this a/n short, so don't forget to vote comment and share, ilysm :)x

[edit: is this up? wattpad is still glitching, and didnt let me update the first time]