26 | wedding

THE WEEK WENT BY in a blur, and before I knew it, I was seated in a chair, Julian—the makeup artist from the banquet—had came back to do the wedding makeup. He hadn't said a word since he started, I guess because I, myself, was giving off a guarded vibe. "So, are you still with that cute boy?" He asked, bouncing the sponge onto my face.

"No, he... he's really nothing to me," I muttered, wishing he hadn't heard it. Julian noticed the look on my face, and decided to change the topic to school.

"Have you gotten your letters?" I shook my head, confused on how he knew. "Your mom informed me about them, and that you'll be a bit... off, I guess there's two reasons to why you're acting quiet—more quiet than before, at least."

"I sort of gave up on them, you know? I got accepted to a college in Canada, I can move there," I told him.

"Why not in the country?"

"While Trump's president? No thank you," I uttered, "but also because I want to get away from all the bullshit that goes on here." He nodded in agreement, before ranting about how the country was slowly falling apart and the men of the white house give zero shits about the country, even though Trump's just been elected.

"I can practically see a war beginning," he ended off his rant as he sprayed my face with setting spray. "Is the dress strapless? Because I think you were supposed to wear that before makeup."

"Yeah, it's strapless," I told him, before pointing my finger to the rack that was in the room. Of course I didn't get my makeup done at home, and instead in one of the hotel rooms in the Viridian. Marissa was in a different room, to avoid being seen by my mother that was getting ready with my aunt Cassidy. I was getting ready with a few other bridesmaids.

"Oh that's gorgeous," he commented, his lips forming an 'o'. The bridemaids dresses were strapless, white with a soft material. The part that was wrapped around the chest had a gold overlay that was in an intricate design, underneath being white. The sweetheart neckline was dotted with golden gems, a thin belt wrapped around the waist before it was plain white and reached the ankle. I'll be pairing with a golden necklace and matching earrings, my short hair will be a half up-do, the strands that aren't in a bun will be curled.

"The shoes?" He pointed to my feet since I was practicing before Julian had arrived. They were simple golden heels, nothing exciting. "You'll look gorgeous, baby girl."

"Thank you," I sent him a small smile before he proceeded with doing my hair. The wedding will be held in less than an hour now, and I had been in the same hotel room once Julian was done with my makeup. I still had my robe on, and was informed that I need to check on my mom.

Knocking on her door, when she gave me permission, I pushed the door open to find her already in her white jumpsuit and golden heels. She didn't want to wear a dress or a suit, so choice a white jumpsuit with a sweetheart neckline, similar to the my dress, but without the intricate designs. "Logan, you look gorgeous."

"You do, too," I complimented her back. "Are you nervous?"

"You'd think because it's the second wedding I've ever had, I'd be calm," she began, "but really, I've never been this nervous before—when it was with your father, I was surprisingly calm, and he was the one panicking."

"He's here, isn't he?" She sent me a look before nodding. "I'm not going to run away again, mom, I'm... tolerating him for now."

"He told me that Daniel called him," she informed, "and from how I've rarely seen the boy, I'm guessing you've cut him off."