31 | paris

NEW YEAR, SAME ME.

I groaned as I sat up, finding myself on the couch. Grabbing my phone, I turned the screen on to see both the date and time; 10:23 AM—1 January 2017. Groaning louder, I fell back into the couch, closing my eyes shut once again.

I wasn't sure what had happened last night aside from Daniel and I watching a few movies, eating the burgers he brought and I'm pretty sure I fell asleep during one of the movies, a couple minutes before midnight. I'm not even sure when he had gone home, but I'm glad he did.

You're definitely developing feelings for the boy. I can't– I won't.

You can't control love, sweetheart. Love is an freaking illusion, and I will not fall victim to this stupid, venomous poison that society has gotten everyone to take. I'm okay with a crush because it's nothing like love, but still, I'm not incredibly happy for the fact that I might be having feelings for Daniel—my friend.

Keep telling yourself that.

Shaking my head to rid of the thoughts, I pushed myself up and to the kitchen for something to drink, seeing as the weather was still cold and that my body was practically freezing in the air-conditioned room. Wrapping the blanket around my body tighter, I made myself a cup of coffee, finding a note taped on the door of the fridge.

You fell asleep before I left, but I didn't want to be rude and just leave so I left this note –dani-boy :)

I couldn't help but laugh at the note, a smile creeping on my face as I folded it up and stuffed it into my pocket. Making my coffee, I brought it back to my room where Ellie was sleeping on her pillow by the window. Placing my coffee on the window sill, I grabbed my laptop and placed it on my lap, opening my emails to see if I got a response from the college in Paris.

As expected, there was an email from them informing me about my early orientation to the school, thanking me for accepting their offer and to move forward with obtaining my education alongside them. They had listed everything that I needed to know from student accomodations—dorms, books, etc.—to class schedules.

When I had read about the early orientation, my lips turned down at the date, knowing that I needed to get a lot done before it. I had less than four months left in America, before I'll have my flight straight to Paris where I'll be staying for the next four years, or at least until I decide to visit America again.

24 April 2017; freshman orientation.

Closing my laptop, I placed it far from me and pulled my knees towards my chest, the cup of coffee between my hands as I began to think.

I can't go back. I've already accepted, and all I need to do until that date is to get my plane ticket, to get stuff for Ellie since she's definitely coming with me. I need to find a place for a part-time job to fill up the spaces that I won't be doing anything other than classes. I'll also need to clean up my French, or at least the basics of it, before the trip. Of course I'll be able to get used to the language once I've lived there, but I still need to understand common sayings.

I realized that there's a high chance I will miss my own graduation, but once I tell the principal about this, then there could be a chance of me being given my diploma before, and if not, then I'll have to make time to fly back to America in time for my graduation.

Or have it sent through email, and you can print it out. Honestly, it doesn't sound like an entirely bad idea, but I'm not convinced to actually do that. Not wanting to be in the house with all these thoughts echoing in my head, I pulled on a jacket and gave Ellie a quick pet before slipping on a pair of shoes, grabbing my keys and heading out. It was snowing, but it wasn't heavy, so I chose to walk around for a while.