4 1

saerin's eyes widened in shock.

does he know about the notes?

swallowing, she contemplated telling him the truth. it had already been a month since she first kept the truth for him and liked about not being the note sender. a month of her feelings growing even stronger for him.

a part of her wanted to go all out, reveal that she was the note sender, confess her love for him with a surprise kiss and ask him to date her.

the other, more rational, timid side of her, wanted to take the easy way out. and lie. she couldn't confirm his feelings for her, and she didn't want to risk rejection. or worse, ruining what they had now.

but another small part of her figured that he probably already knew. why else would he be confronting her?

it was time to come clean.

"t-the truth is... i-i'm the note sender..." she said lowly, hoping that he wouldn't hear her.

but he did. he did, and he had questions.

"why? why did you lie and deceive me for so long?" taehyung asked with a blank face.

saerin just dipped her head, unsure of how to answer him.

"answer me saerin. why did you leave notes in my locker and then stop? why did you still become friends with me after that?"

saerin timidly raised her head to meet his, but she was getting scared. taehyung's voice was getting louder and his gaze was getting narrower.

"why did you lead me on? play with my feelings? am i a joke to you?"

saerin's eyes widened as she frantically shook her head. she tried to reply, but taehyung wouldn't let her.

"saerin ssi. were you ever planning on telling me if i had never asked?"

noticing how her head shook slightly, taehyung scoffed.

"so you would just let me be a fool. i see... well, i don't want to be a fool anymore. our friendship ends here, don't ever talk to me again."

she watched him turn and leave, wanting to call out to him. tell him he wasn't a fool, tell him what he meant to her.

but all she could do was watch him walk away with tears in her eyes.