3 2

rather annoyingly, chaemi had found taehyung just before lunch period, and practically self invited herself to have lunch with them. he sighed.

on days like these, he knew that saerin already had class with jimin and jungkook so the three of them would come to the lunchroom together. however, when they reached the table, jimin and jungkook explained that she had forgotten utensils and went to get them. he also realised that there was only two seats left, for him and saerin.

he almost heaved a sigh of relief and was about to tell chaemi when she plopped down on a chair. saerin's chair.

the rest of bts stared with wide eyes at the intruder. "sorry, who are you? that's my friend's seat..." jungkook had begun.

"we're in the same math class jungkook! and aren't i your friend too? taehyung, quick come sit!" chaemi simply said, flustering both jungkook and taehyung.

as taehyung uneasily took his seat, saerin came back and stilled when she realised her seat had be taken... by chaemi. the food that she had bought had also been pushed aside, and chaemi was happily tucking into her salad.

slightly unnerved, saerin just grabbed her tray and was about to look for somewhere else to sit. however, bts was quick on their feet and everyone immediately stood up offering her their seat. the sudden dragging of chairs was super loud and gained the attention of the whole cafeteria, flustering saerin.

"sit here, saerin!" jin had said.

"or here! i can stand..." offered suga.

"put your tray back down and come here!" instructed namjoon.

jimin had gone to another table and carried another chair back.

"i'll sit here, you can sit on the bench!" he said, smiling.

everyone, except chaemi, had made a conscious effort to include her and saerin felt her heartwarm. this is what it feels like to have true friends.

as she sat down and began eating her hamburger, chaemi had tried to pick up the conversation as if nothing had happened. the tension in the air was noticeably different, and there was a brooding taehyung seated next to her.

"anyways, i'm so excited for later, because i'm going on a date with taehyung!!" she exclaimed, pleased as all eyes immediately stared incredulously at her.

"hehe, you see, i've had the longest crush on him, even posing as his secret admirer because i couldn't control my feelings! but now i've confessed and he asked me out!"

hearing the unbelievable nonsense spew from chaemi's mouth, saerin just stared at taehyung in shock.

what.

the.

fuck.