4 6

"ya kim taehyung. don't you think you're being too harsh? i get that she lied, and if you want to ignore and avoid her then i can't stop you. but letting your fangirls bitch about her? not sparing a thought about how she feels? don't you think it's too much?"

taehyung stared wide eyed at jimin who had just entered his house.

he was speechless. what did jimin just say? people were bitching about saerin?

jimin took his silence as a sign to continue. "if you don't want to care for her, then i will. hyung, you're my best friend, but i'm not okay with you being like this. do you know what happened today? during lunch, saerin didn't come back from the toilet after half an hour, so i went to check on her. and i found her crying in the girls bathroom after chaemi left the stall. she cried for another hour, hyung. she told me what they said, what they said because of YOU. and since i know you, and i know you are too oblivious to know what's going on, i'll tell you. she's getting hate from every girl that likes you. it's tearing her apart from within. at the table, she laughs when we laugh, but looks into space sadly unless spoken to. you need to fix this."

bwo? taehyung had difficulty processing the new information. saerin... cried? she was bullied? she was suffering? he felt his heart clench. he never ever wanted her to feel pain, he wanted to protect her from even the smallest danger, but hearing all of this...

because of you, jimin had said. he felt his heart clenching again. it hurt, like a punch to the gut.

it was all his fault. and worse still, he was too busy being a petty bitch ignoring her, instead of staying by her side to protect her.

he helplessly listened as jimin explained what had been going on the past week. his blood boiled as the words flew from jimin's mouth.

he was angry.

angry that saerin had to go through this shit. angry that people would do this her. angry that he couldn't be there for her.

angry that he was the cause of her misery.

he knew he fucked up.