5 3 ( final chapter )

"hey saerin!" he replied, smiling with his eye smile.

saerin hesitantly took a step forward. "jimin, i- w-um. you know i already have tae, and i thought we were cool a few months ago! why are you-" she asked, flustered.

he just smiled, and took another step forward.

"here. this isn't from me. i'm just the note passer." he replied, and gave her a quick hug before leaving.

she opened the paper to find...

nothing.

it was a blank piece if paper.

what the hell jimin. is this a joke?!

saerin could swear she was dreaming right now. this was all so weird...

and then, taehyung opened the door to the staircase and walked out.

"tae? what are you doing here? today is such a weird day... and jimin is so mean! he pranked me..."

taehyung just wrapped her in a hug.

"park saerin." he said, pulling away slightly and waiting for her to look up. when she finally did, he continued. "i'm sorry for ignoring you recently... and not being a good boyfriend. mianhae."he apologized, and saerin immediately forgave him.

but he wasn't finished.

"the thing is... i've been talking liz... and i'm sure now... i want to stop being your boyfriend."

saerin felt her heart plummet to the floor. w-what?

she had difficulty processing his words. he wanted to break up? what? she stared at him wide eyed, hoping, praying that he was joking.

and then he took out his jacket, and gave her another slip of paper.

what's going on... why is he giving me paper when he wants to break up?! is this proof that he betted on me or something? or does he want me to pay him back for all our dates?

she felt tears welling up in her eyes as she grasped the paper tightly. she wanted to rip it into shreds.

but then, taehyung smiled, and got on one knee, and held her hands, moving it to open the paper.

blank.

WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!

saerin was so close to losing her shit when taehyung blushed and quickly flipped the paper around, muttering"wrong side oops."

___________________________________________

will you marry me ?

___________________________________________

saerin breathed in sharply, and turned to taehyung, finally seeing the velvet case which he popped open.

and in it lay a gold ring with a small diamond on top. it was simple and elegant, and she loved it.

choking back a sob of happy tears, it seemed as if she could barely form words becaused she was so shocked.

taehyung took her silence as hesistation and began sputtering," i know we're still young, but we don't need to get married immediately, but i still want to call you mine because i really love you and, and if for some reason you don't want to, i understand, i mean my heart will break but i'll wait and ask you again, but it would be nice if you said yes now because-"

she shouted "YES!",cutting him off, before diving into his arms and pulling him into a kiss.

but then she pulled away and hit his chest. "bwoya kim taehyung you're such a jerk! you made me go through such a emotional rollercoaster! and this liz girl, you better not text her anymore!"

"liz is my cousin, she helped me pick out the ring!" he explained, smiling an annoyingly big smile.

saerin glared at him and hit him. "you're horrible, i hate you!"

"no you don't rinnie, you love me." he replied, pecking her on the nose.

she huffed,"so what if i do! i should've never sent you notes in the first place. then you wouldn't get this crazy idea."

taehyung laughed and smiled. "if you didn't, i probably wouldn't be getting married to my note passer."

she gave him the stink eye. "you're lucky i love you."

"i really am, because i love you too."

-the end-