3 8

taehyung opened his eyes when his alarm rang at 7am. he still had yet to fall asleep.

the whole night, he had replayed watching jimin and saerin holding hands down the road, jimin passing her a stuffed pig and them hugging.

he had waited all night for saerin to come home, hoping that he could catch her just before she went home and apologise. it was useless.

after witnessing jimin walk back down their street, he collapsed back into his bed. he felt his heart clenching, and he strangely felt like he wanted to cry...

was this heartbreak? are jimin and saerin official? was i not as important to her as she was to me?

the whole night, he lay thinking with so many unanswered questions. and now it was morning and time to go to school.

he sighed as he got dressed and walked to school, again, without saerin. he wished he could reverse time...

-

today, they're first period was chemistry.

unsurprisingly, chaemi sat with someone new at the back alone.

but surprisingly, jimin sat alone.

saerin had slipped into her seat next to taehyung, leaving him puzzled.

maybe she feels like it would be rude to ditch me for jimin... maybe she wants me ask her to sit with him...

he didn't want to. he couldn't.

he wanted to talk to her, ask her about jimin, demand that they break up... but he didn't do anything.

he just stared.

-

by the time lunch rolled around, taehyung was convinced that this was the saddest day of his life. saerin and he weren't talking, and worse she was suddenly together with jimin now.

thinking about it, he got slightly mad. while he couldn't confirm if she had any feelings for him, she had definitely shown NO signs of liking jimin whatsoever! why were they suddenly a couple?!

and jimin! his best friend! didn't he know he liked saerin? what happened to the bro code? how could he do this to him...

but then again, he rationalised. maybe i just wasn't seeing the signs...

plopping down on his seat, he gloomily watched as his friends joked and laughed around.

strangely, jimin and saerin were sitting next to him, instead of each other.

bwoya... am i cockblocking?

although he was very sure of his feelings for saerin, he knew it would be selfish of them to try and break them up, perhaps it would be best if he just accepted them.

it would hurt... for years... but i can get over it... maybe? hopefully...

despite his inner turmoil, he still stood up and offered to swap places with jimin. "chukahaeyo..." he muttered.