Chapter 3: The Waiting Room (Ads: New version @Kathryn_Folklore)

I'm at the hospital waiting for Fiona's surgery to finish. The surgery took 3 hours for the doctors to finished. When I heard that Fiona was transferred to a ward room after spending a couple of hours at the recovery room. I stood up and asked the nurse on duty at the nurse station the room number of Fiona's. Then I went to look for her room and knocked at the door. I heard Fiona's voice faintly saying, "Please come in." I opened the door of the wardroom slowly. The room has 6 patients and Fiona's bed was just near the entrance door... "Fiona, I am sorry for you...nobody wanted this to happen to you," I told her while quietly closing the door behind me. "Aren, I really wanted to date you that day. I never wanted this to happen to me too but it did. Now I'm here lying down and unable to move." Fiona said with teary eyes. She had bruises and scars along with a broken casted arm, rib, and leg. The motorcycle's impact almost killed her. But she survived.

The rider of the motorcycle who bumped her just drove away in an unknown direction and did not care at all if he hit someone and caused the accident. That day, when the motorcycle rider hit and run Fiona, I looked around and I noticed that there are several CCTV cameras where the accident happened. I informed the policemen that there are CCTV cameras that might give them a clue and help them catch the irresponsible rider whoever caused the accident. Back at the hospital, Are you tired?" I asked her."Yes but I'm never getting tired of you Aren." I sat down near a sofa and I noticed a few magazines at the side table. I picked up a candy magazine featuring the One direction band. I read about it and began browsed on it and I notice that Diana had a picture with Zayn Malik beside her. It said that the two are just friends. Talking to myself, I asked why in the world I always see Diana.

"Fiona, how did you became friends with Diana my half-sister?" I asked her and she weakly tried to smile and answered."I am related to someone who knew her so I met her because of my relative." She told me. I don't know who was that relative she was talking about. I continued to read the magazine. We both heard someone was knocking at the door. "May we come in?" A voice of a teenage girl said."Sure."I told her. A teenage girl named Gabriella and a boy of the same age, named Luke came inside the room.

"How is Violet at the orphanage?"I asked them."She is still sick and she can't even go out of her bed."Gabriella said while holding Luke's hand."You two look cute together." As I glanced at them. I continued reading the magazine I was holding."Fiona, how are you? I brought flowers for you. I picked it especially for you along the way."She began to open her bag and brought out the flowers to place it on the side table."I'm alright this pain will go away someday. I really love seeing Aren around here and it's making me strong and helped me forget to feel the pain I am experiencing now ."Luke smiled at me and sat beside me. "Gabriella we should go and do our homework today. The deadline will be tomorrow." Luke said it while he peeked at what I was reading."Sure, a little later. I want to stay for a while because we've just arrived." Gabriella began to chat with Fiona and after a few hours later Fiona fell asleep. Then a Doctor, named Benjamin came in. He was holding a clipboard and a pen."How are you feeling Fiona?"Fiona woke up and she started saying."I don't feel good I can't feel my leg and my arm."The doctor recorded it and went out of the room.

Gabriella and Luke left since they have homework to do. I decided to leave too since I wanted to apply as a waiter at Della Cafe.

Bryan and Brent visited Fiona. Both of them knew she got into lots of trouble with her obsession with me. "Dude look at you! I told you not to run and go to the other side of the street. Look what happened to you." Bryan said with a frown on his face. Brent was unhappy his girlfriend got into an accident. "I love you Fiona, but I don't think you love me at all. You've been obsessed with Aren for many years already. If you love me back I will try and help you forget Aren. He only treats you as a friend."Brent has a point on what he just said. He really does love Fiona because she makes him happy.

It was sad for Fiona that the guy she loves will never love her back. "If only my mom would teach me the safe and proper way to use my magical powers." She said to herself unaware that she was saying it aloud...Bryan and Brent overheard her. "I thought your mom was dead?" Bryan asked her. He remembered her story about her mom.
"No she isn't...she brought me here in this country as a punishment because I don't want to learn how to destroy and harm other people. She told me that if I don't regret and ask forgiveness, she does not want to teach me how to powerfully use my magical powers." Brent was shocked while Bryan's eyes widened of what they heard. "I don't think magic is true. Maybe she is a magician who knows magic tricks. Haha!"Bryan said while laughing. He thought it was funny to be a magician. "Are you happy now? She is not a magician. She is a witch." Suddenly Bryan and Brent were silent and shocked.
"Well, that means you have magical powers of a witch in your blood, right?" Brent asked and was more serious than Bryan. "Yes." Fiona nodded. "Show me what's your power," Bryan asked Fiona. She thought of one simple spell her mother taught her. She cannot remember the exact spell and the right way to say it as her mother did, but she did it during those days and she believed she can do it again just like before. She concentrated and imagined how her mom did it. "Fire burns beneath the skin as anger grows deep within." She said while closing her eyes. When she opened her eyes all she saw was red, orange and yellow the color of fire. There was a warm feeling in her hand.
"Fiona why yo- your hand is burning?" Bryan said. Fiona closed her eyes again. "Stop!!" She said then she felt the warm feeling turn back into her normal temperature.
She then opened her eyes. "I'm sorry I should have warned you guys about my magical powers it's in my blood and I have to learn how to control it so that I will not cause any harm to anyone." She was right since Bryan was now covering a pillow in front of his head. And Brent was feeling hot while sweating. "Wha-at just happened??" She asks she hope she did the spell right. "There was a dragon made of fire coming out of your hand. Then it went back into your hand. It scared both of us."Bryan was shaking he felt like he was a scaredy-cat. It good thing her roommates didn't know what happened since each patient is divided with a wooden divider. Feeling shaky and shocked, Brent and Bryan left the hospital leaving Fiona alone. The day ended as the night came were all inside the ward was quiet and asleep at their own allotted space.