Chapter 29: Ayah and Carlo

Carlo was lying down on his bed. His eyes are tired his mouth was shut. When will Ayah forgive him? He asked himself in his mind. His blood was dripping on the floor because of a severe paper cut. He read all the stories of Ayah in one book. Anna, his ex-girlfriend was standing on The doorstep of his bedroom. She slightly opened the door. "Your Brother tells me you have a crush on someone. Who is it that bothers you?" Carlo then told Anna to leave and he does not want to talk about it. The day ended as he cries. He cried silently that he got rejected by his one true love, Marianne Esmeralda Turner.

He slept the whole night, not knowing what tomorrow would bring him. He then dreams.

Carlo's dream

"Marianne, I love you." Marianne then frowned at him. Her face shown a blushed pinkish color at her cheeks. Her eyes turned Blue, her hair turned purple, and her skin became tan. She then closes her eyes as she opens her arms. Magical sparks came out of her hands. Thus creating stars around the both of them. It was so beautiful that even Carlo was in awe. Aren was standing beside Ayah. He did not notice Aren was also there. Even Diana was sitting on a swing but had not a care in the world. He does not know the sister of Aren. He then realized it was just an amazing dream he had. He woke up the next morning Anna was beside him but she was still sleeping. They did not do anything to each other.  They just slept together last night.

"Why is Anna always visiting me anyway?" He thought to wonder why everything seems he is living in a blur. It was unclear to him that Ayah was telling him the actual truth. But still, his belief is solid that a human abducted Ayah's father, not a mermaid.

-End of The Mermaid's Jewel