Chapter 17: Jade Island

The journey continues as the group sailed across the ocean from the Atlantic around the ocean until they reach their goal the Pacific. Their journey was not easy since the parrot was the one supplying food along with his bird mates carrying food in baskets. Everyone was tired except for the Sailor. The sailor continues to tell stories and legends of the mermaid or the island.

Sometimes he suddenly remembers his past life. Aren was hugging and being close to Persephone since the ice ship is cold and they only wear their jackets which is not enough. The sea breeze sometimes made Persephone vomit. All they wish is to finally arrive on the island. It took days since their supply of food is not enough for them. "Persephone you really need to stop being seasick by now you will get more hungry if you vomit again we lack food." Said Aren and Persephone frowned. "I never rode a ship that's made of ice do you think it's easy to not be seasick and catch a cold by now?!"

She told him she was sitting beside him and the unfamiliar noise was heard. "Do you hear that?" Then Aren nodded. "COVER YOUR EARS!!" The sailor said."YES CAPTAIN!" the parrot said and then did not cover his ears. Where are the parrot's ears anyway? The parrot recognized the beautiful voice. "Why are we covering our ears?" Then Aren and Persephone observed the parrot. It didn't fly it walk until the edge of the ship.

"BLAIRE!!!"Then the sailor grabs his parrot. The parrot almost fell in the water where nymphs that are related to mermaids swam the sea. "Good thing I have earplugs." The sailor continued. "We might get eaten by those monsters if we listen to them." Then the sailor continued to sail they reach a lighthouse and decided to park their small ice ship."Come we are not yet at the Pacific we need food supply now."Aren and

Persephone stopped covering their ears. "At last we are able to walk on sand."They walked on the ice stairs as they went down to the shore. "This is beautiful." The island was filled with a volcano and lots of trees and fields of flowers. This is one of Aren's dreams about his half-sister. Then when they got enough food supply they all went back to the ship before dawn.

The ship can move by itself during the night. They went back and ate their food. All of them were happy and grateful since they finally had food. They slept and tell stories to each other. Aren lay down on the bench and watch the stars above him. He left his college life he thought. What will happen when he will come back to that old college?

Aren's dream

I saw my sister her appearance changed. She now had red eyes and her dress. "Brother, the witch is aware of your whereabouts she is not afraid of you. She thinks she can kill you by using your father to kill you." Then I thought of my biological father, Harry. "Are you really sure I'm going to be killed by my own father?" She nodded and told me he is under a dark spell made by the witch. He thought Diana was the one who would kill him.

She never attempted to murder or hurt him. She seems to control herself since she is an apprentice and a slave of her master's. "You know I tried to think of ways not to kill you. So the witch decided to control your dad since he was looking for you after he did something to your mom."Diana smiled and a bright light started to shine underneath her.

It was no ordinary light it sparkled under her as she little by little vanishes and becomes nothing but darkness. Then Aren saw Tyler. Diana's dad holds a knife and he was hurt. "YOU!! I WILL KILL YOU!!" Aren was wrong. It was not Harry who would kill him but Diana's father. Aren took a few steps backward he knew one day this dream would come true. And he knew his sister controls his dreams most of the time.