Chapter 7: The Darkest Land

The Dark Lands

"Who are you?" A little girl came out her hair was thicker than normal in each strand."I'm Persephone we came to see death to claim the 3 gold coins." She said looking at the little girl she noticed the girl had her wings folded in the back."I'm a Karine by the way my name is Hershey."Karine is a type of dark magic fairy that has contact with death. A Karine is an alien-like race who sometimes left the Dark Lands. The witch cursed them as she had held captive the Queen of Karines. The mother of Ian Salvatore. He is half Karine but never had wings and is a half wizard. Now Karine loves riddles and if Persephone gets a riddle wrong.

She will end up not being able to get the three gold coins that she hopes she would receive from death himself."Are you sure you wanted it? Only a riddle must be solved before I go get it from my master." Persephone nodded readily for the riddle that will be given to her. The dragon watched her go near the Karine. "The Queen lies to others while the king hides. Who is he hiding from?" The Karine laughed at Persephone's expression. She had heard about that riddle before and forgotten her answer when she got it right. She looks at the dragon and glanced at the Karine. She knows the answer is already inside the question.

"He hides from the queen from her threatening lies." The Karine got angry that she had given her an easy riddle. She shouted and pain rushed inside of her. Persephone fainted seeing nothing but black. "Wake up girl! I got this for you." The Karine gave her the 3 coins on her right hand and closes her hand to a fist."Thanks."Then she slowly tried to get up the pain was still in her."What happened?"

The Karine said that she fainted because solving a riddle will give her a tattoo that symbolizes bravery. A fire was tattooed in Persephone's left hand. Then she walks to the dragon limping she can't feel her left leg. "Bye, Hershey!" Then Hershey told her that death only speaks to Aren when he is going to give the 3 gold coins back. She puts her right leg over the dragon and sat behind his head. She holds the grip of the dragon's horns. The dragon brings her to another Island. She thought he will bring her to the orphanage Aren lives. The dragon told her she must get a few foods for him in Protazan Island.

The fruit the dragon needs is a type of golden mango that is the size of a large boulder. She can only get it by singing a song that she knows. She told the dragon she agreed to get him his food. She went to the Giant tree climbs it. When she was about to sing the song a little pixie. "Sing the song!" The rest of the pixies said in the chorus repeating it again and again. She sang the song beautifully and the pixies allowed her to take fruits that she can carry. Some pixies help her carrying the fruit. She ran to the dragon bringing a few fruits. She got on him and flew all the way to the orphanage.

She flew with the dragon for hours. It took so long before she arrived at her building. She was going to go down when she suddenly saw the witch. She was shocked and tried to run away but the witch used the wand that held her in mid-air. "Please stop," Persephone said she was begging her to put her down. There were tears streaming down her face. "You think that I cannot find you Persephone ?! How dare you escape from me!" The dragon whips his tail to hit the witch.

The witch lay down on the ground unconscious. Persephone fell to the ground and gets up. "How the hell did she came here?" The dragon told her he noticed the witch was on her broom when
Persephone slept behind his back. "You can understand me." The dragon did understand her language. The witch got up.
"You are safe this time but next time I will take you back to my slavery." She left with her broom flying away. Persephone stood where she was. She noticed that she is not the only human living in that apartment.

She checked her neighbors all of them where asleep. The witch was right she is safe now but the next time she finds her she is good as dead. She left her apartment with a frown on her face. Luke was riding his bike and stopped. "Hey Persephone, Aren is with his sister Diana. I'm on my way to go to my friend Xander's house. Wait why is there a dragon on your front yard? Is that real or a statue?"Persephone didn't answer his question and ran to the orphanage. The dragon pretended that he was a statue. Luke followed Persephone as they stopped in front of the orphanage. "What happened?" Persephone said she looks around the orphanage it was empty. She noticed a piece of paper on the coffee table.
_____________________________
Dear Persephone,

I brought Diana to the hospital I hope she gets better. Fiona is at a party with Vince her new boyfriend. Gabriella is at school and Luke had no classes since he got suspended. If ever Luke told you I was here. He was not lying since I left with Diana at once. I'll be at your apartment next week if Diana is okay by then. I will be there just waiting for me little sis. I will still call you sister even though we are in a relationship

P.S: I love you sister
Sincerely yours,
Aren Stewart
________________________________