Chapter 9: Two Meetings

She went to the abandoned building where Dirk is. She found him in a basement while he was preparing blood in the kitchen. "Have a seat and have lunch with me."She sat down and smiled at him. "I don't drink that I am not a Karine,"Sarah said he showed her a plastic bag with some styrofoam containers of human food. " I'm just preparing mine. I drink animal blood when I ask some from a pet blood donor." She sat down on a chair and placed her hands on her lap. "Tell me what did she look like now?" She described Klarisse the way she saw her. Eyes bloodshot blood on her white dress and was running away from someone. She was skinnier than before and lack of blood. Dirk gave her the plastic bag while he was drinking blood. She opened the styrofoam container. It was chicken and rice from McDonald's. "Thanks." She started eating he was looking at her. "I wanted to know if you are hallucinating that you saw her or not." He said he placed some kind of flower in the chicken. That flower contains a chemical that would allow him to read her mind. "Oh, so your not." He continues to get more blood from the refrigerator. "Yeah." Sarah heard a ring from her phone. "Just a few minutes." She went near the stairs leaving her food on the table. " George, I'm here with Dirk. No? Why? Okay bye." George asked her if she saw Klarisse since he saw her around the abandoned building. "He saw her." He dropped the pack of blood. "Where?" He asked her Sarah told him she was there. He ran upstairs. Sarah went back onto the table and continued to eat. When she was finished she went upstairs and saw Dirk holding Klarisse. "Oh my, what happened to her?" Dirk told her that he does not know since he saw her laying on the floor. "I'll take her to my apartment. You must leave before she gets hungry and kills you." Klarisse was sleeping in her brother's arms. Sarah left she was worried she remembers she need to meet George. She had to attend a date with him a few hours later. She walked and got a lift. "Where are you going?" The old woman asked. " To Lest Dinner I have a date." The old woman drove until she reached Lest Dinner. "Thanks here I will give you 10$." She gave it to her and opened the car and went out. "Have a good night dear." The old woman said and closed her window. She saw George waiting inside. "Sarah I followed you secretly from a park. Tell me the truth, do we have a daughter?" He asked her holding something in his pocket. Sarah looked at him in the eye. "No, why did you follow me?" He knows she is lying it happened when they were in 4th-year high school. "That's a lie I know how you lie. So she is our daughter! Why didn't you tell me?" He said. "Sir, mam what is your order?" They both looked at the waitress it was a young girl who had her name placed on her polo shirt. "Hi Kaitlyn may I order these?" Sarah asked changing the topic. She does not want to talk about her daughter. She pointed at the picture and the waitress listed it on her post-it. "How about you Sir?" She asked holding the post-it ready to write. "Just some onion rings, and Fergburger." A Fergburger is a large burger with cheese and a triple patty in Lest Dinner. "Ok, sir and mam." She left to go give the order to the chef. "Yes, she is our daughter. I got pregnant with her during the summer so I wasn't able to go to 1st-year college. When she was with my mother they got an accident breaking her spinal cord. My mother died and I was left with a lot of dept for my daughter's medication. You were not there for me those times since you went to Japan to study there." He looks at her as she felt tears streaming down her from her face."I'm sorry for your loss." He said and brings out a small box and stands up. He knelt down. "Will you marry me?" He asked Sarah nodded. "Yes I will my daughter needs you."She was so full of joy a tear fell from her eye she let him put the ring on her. He stands up and kissed her like it was their forever love. They went home and lived together in Sarah's house.