Chapter 26: Kidnapped?

annebelicious 

Chapter 26: Kidnapped?

She went into her own big room. It was full of mermaid artworks and statues she made out of polymer clay. She remembered her dad showing this room decorated for her. Her bed is designed like a pirate ship and had a mermaid carved on it. Her room is color sky blue with clouds on the ceiling and the floor was just like the bright blue sea and it had coconut tree props in it. Her dresser is full of mermaid-themed makeup and brushes. There is also a TV with a big screen and a mermaid designed couch. She even had a part of her floor in the room that looked like sand.

"Dad why?" She then picks up a letter.
She forgot her father was not home.
"I'm sorry I-I discovered something awful. Also, the mermaids are true. The mermaid I saw attacked me and followed me here. When you see this message I am not home anymore."
The message ended quickly. Blood dropped she got a paper cut and it hurts.
Her tears are full of worry and doubt that she may be lost her father because of his ambition to discover a new organism. She cannot handle to lose her father.
So she wanted to ask for help. She also knew the terrible news was.
It is about the war that will destroy the earth.
It can make the human race, Karine's, animals and all living creatures erased from the universe.
Why? If Aren succeeded to destroy the frost Jewel. It would ruin the balance of good and evil. And when it will give power to the Mermaid's Jewel-it will wipe out everything in this world.
All of this was a big shock for her. She then decided to call her best friend. Someone who cares about her and soon might be her boyfriend. "Car-lo!" She then started bursting into tears. Carlo Dela Cruz was worried about what he had heard.
"Dad's been kidnapped by a mermaid!" I'm the only one who can save the world.
"Don't worry Aya, please calm down. He might not be kidnapped by a mermaid right? It is not a true creature Aya. It is only written in fairytales and myths. You must be imagining things." He does not believe in any mythical creatures or fairytales only about there lessons.
"No I'm not lying to you they are not what you think they are! Mermaids are real please believe in me." It then turned out to be a lie for Carlos. "You are just telling me a big lie Aya. Bye, I don't wanna talk about this. Hope you find your father soon."He was called by his mother, Elizabeth their meal was served. "Oh King, your the only one who knew every truth and what happened to this place. I feel so terrible." King is just a stiff toy she created in a homeroom project for school during elementary. "I miss daddy. Where can I find him." She then thought of Aren he knew about mermaids maybe he can help her find her father. The problem is she does not know where he went. She then went out and heard her neighbors talking about an accident in Yonder Elenor Street.
Everything was not feeling right when she just cried in her room. Aren was at the jade island he left his phone. So Aya called him but he never answered her back.
"I wish dad was with me right now." She sighed and the room was filled with the music that she made. She plays it whenever she feels lonely sad or not okay. Carlo then thought he might be rude to Aya so he tried to think of a plan to cheer her up. He ordered some flowers in Anna's boutique it was a bouquet of Holland roses.
He even bought a giant teddy bear bigger than his own size.
He asks his mom if he can cheer her up. She agreed to let him go to her but he needs to come home before midnight.
"Yes, mother. Thank you!" He then kissed his mother while she cooks dinner.
He smiled hoping she would like her gift. He wanted to court her along time ago but was not able to do it. Now he has the courage to court her he felt bad that he did not believe her. He really does not believe in magic or mermaids.
"Here I am seeing her from a distance. But I want to take my own chance. She's so beautiful by the way she is. I love her but cannot tell. I need to ring her bell.Hope I would make her laugh. My world is like a donut dough.It's soft and sweet like her." The song played in the radio he felt it fits his feeling along with his situation right now.
He rang the doorbell. And she answered it when she saw him she automatically closed the door. She does not want to talk to him.
"Open the door Aya! I have something for you. I love you please don't slam the door again at me."She didn't care about the gifts. All she wanted him to do is say sorry to her, that she was right and mermaids are really true. But he did not do anything she hopes he would do. All he cared about was cheer her up to make her happy.
"Leave me alone!"
He left the gifts at her doorstep.
Aunt Margaret came to tell her a secret.
She thought it was still Carlo so she did not open the door for her aunt.
"I told you to go away Carlo!"
Her aunt Margaret knew something happened to her niece.
"Carlo is not here this is your aunt!" She opened the door she got shocked by what happened to Margaret. She was badly wounded she actually fought the mermaid who took her father but badly failed. She told her she knows something about Aya's mother. Her mother left letters at the burned down house it was saved by her aunt. Before, her aunt lived with them so she saved all the letters except for her mother's pictures. She also had rubies with a diamond necklace. The necklace was like a heart they did not know it was a locket. And this is the end of the chapter. You will know what big secret her own family kept from her soon.