Chapter 7: Umbrella

"You're part of my entity, here for infinity

When the world has took its part

When the world has dealt its cards

If the hand is hard, together we'll mend your heart"

-Rhianna

*

"Lily, you can't spend the entire weekend under the blankets!" Felicity shouted from somewhere over me. She had been sitting on my bed for over an hour now.

"Why not?!" I replied, tying myself deeper and deeper inside the safe haven that was my bed. "It was the most embarrassing thing I've EVER done! I want and DESERVE to die!"

"Okay, you're right" she sighed, patiently. "But would you say goodbye to Sherlock, at least? He's still your puppy..."

That was unfair. Felicity knew that I loved Sherlock more than anything and anyone else in the world. The very thought of his sweet face gave me a hope of life, but not enough to make me leave the protection of the blankets.

"He will live better without me" I mumbled. "His mom is the most idiot human being on planet Earth."

"Stop saying that you're an idiot!" Felicity snapped. "You just did what you thought was right!"

"Bullshit!" I cried. "I'm not a fucking superhero, Felicity!"

"Exactly! You are human! For your information, Lily, humans make mistakes!"

I burst into tears, because that very word made me relive that embarrassing scene with Sebastian all over again. Felicity took advantage of my weakness and managed to take the blankets off me... and she hugged me so tight that her love made me cry even harder. Even Sherlock jumped on the bed and started licking my face to wipe the tears.

The sound of a text message notification came from my mobile phone.

Felicity took it from my night table as I blew my nose on one of the thousand Kleenexes that I had used and left on the bed the previous night.

"Holy shit!" she exclaimed, looking at the display with disbelief. Her jaw was basically touching the bed.

"What is it?" I asked in a raspy voice, due to my stuffy nose.

Felicity looked at me with wide open brown eyes. She turned my phone around, showing me the display. I read the message that was there.

Hi Lily, it's Sebastian. Have you any plans for lunch tomorrow? There's a place near St. James Park that I would like to show you. I'll pick you up, if you want. Let me know. –S

***

I looked back at Felicity and she held my gaze in silence for an infinite amount of time.

"Is this a joke?" I asked.

She shook her head, dead serious.

I grabbed the phone and gave the message a second look. My confused mind started to ask questions of all kinds, from "Where did he get my number?" to "Is this a set-up?".

Silence for a while, Felicity was the first to speak.

"Are you going to reply?" I said nothing. She took a deep breath. "Lily, if you don't go to lunch with him tomorrow I will kill you right now!"

There was some sort of demon possessing me when it came to Sebastian, for sure. Still speechless, my fingers did the job before I could even realize it. I texted him back.

Hi! Ok, that would be great. At 12 o'clock? No need to pick me up. Where could we meet?

His reply came in thirty seconds. 12 o'clock is perfect. I'll be waiting by the Green Park station. See you tomorrow.

When Felicity read our texts, we exchanged silent looks and, without any further ado, we quickly got out of bed to prepare me for this date.

Because this was a date!