Chapter 12: Kiss me

"And your heart's against my chest, your lips pressed to my neck

I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet

And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love now"

-Ed Sheeran

*

I was about to surprise Sebastian at the airport.

I was standing at the Heathrow arrivals with a paper cup of boiling green tea from Starbucks in my hand and I almost couldn't contain my excitement. Felicity put my make up on using eyeliner and extra mascara. And I was wearing a dress, a white and light blue dress from Top Shop. I hoped that Sebastian would have appreciated my efforts to impress him.

The display read that the flight from Los Angeles had landed twenty minutes ago, so Sebastian should have crossed the arrivals doors any minute now. Seconds later, people started to come out, I took a step forward.

After a couple of minutes, Sebastian appeared.

He looked perfect. He was wearing pretty much the same clothes he had on our first date, but this time there were sunglasses too. He removed them as soon as he caught sight of me and, although he wasn't that close to me, I could read surprise and... happiness?

Sebastian slowly came towards me dragging his black suitcase. When he stopped, he just stared at me intensely, like he didn't believe I was there in front of him, and whispered "Lily..."

I smiled and felt my whole body becoming red and hot.

"I brought this, for you" I said, reaching out and handing him the paper cup of green tea - as hot as my cheeks in that moment -. "I thought you needed some of your precious green tea after this long journey!"

He took it without saying a word. He observed the cup like it was the strangest thing he had ever seen and touched, then his eyes met mine again. I smiled quite nervously. We spent ten seconds staring at each other in silence while people would walk back and forth all around us. I was barely breathing.

All of a sudden, Sebastian grabbed me by the waist with his free hand, pushing me towards him, and kissed me.

I was surprised, but my body wasn't. At all. My arms instantly wrapped around his neck and I pressed my chest against his like my vicinity to him was a matter of life and death - and there was nothing I could do about it, since Sebastian was tightening his grip on my back -. With their strong and sweet touch, his lips, tongue and mouth were telling me that they had longed for mine very ardently, in a way that I couldn't have ever imagined.

When we separated - when our mouths separated, unlike the rest of our bodies - we looked at each other intensely and smiled.

"Funny" I said, gently touching the hair on his nape, "I put a love potion in the green tea and it worked even if you didn't drink it!"

"Are you sure that the love potion wasn't on your lips, instead?" Sebastian smirked.

I laughed, feeling the "Flip Something" doing its usual job inside of me. "I think I've read the same exact sentence in an erotic romance once."

"Was it In the Heart of the Pirate, by any chance?" he asked, rubbing his nose against mine. "It was my favorite college reading."

I couldn't help giving his irresistible lips another kiss before whispering "Welcome home, Sebastian."

***

After spending more ten minutes laughing and kissing in the middle of the airport, we finally decided to take a cab and head to Sebastian's house, where he had invited me for dinner.

"I can assure you that I'm a very good cook" he claimed, his arm around my shoulders. "My vegetable pie is the best dish in the South Kensington area. Ask Toby."

When I heard that name, I felt something invisible grasp my stomach tightly.

"You must tell him" I urged myself. Sebastian needed to know about my fresh friendship with Toby.

As I observed the cars moving outside the window, I said in a flat tone "I saw Toby last week. We went to the movies together. It was fun."

I wasn't looking at Sebastian, so I couldn't tell why it took so much for him to respond, which made me nervous.

"Great" he mumbled, at last. "I guess that he has finished his project. I really can't imagine another reason to push him into leaving his bedroom."

I turned towards him, his gaze lost into the traffic. "Oh, you mean the beautiful one, in fluorescent colors? I saw it in his office the day I was looking for you. It's called Daisy House, right?"

Sebastian chuckled. "That's how he called it?" he sighed. "So typical of Toby."

I frowned. "Why?"

"He named that house after Daisy" he explained. "His wife."