Chapter 31: I have nothing

"I will hold it back again

This passion inside

Can't run from myself

There's nowhere to hide"

-Whitney Houston

*

10 months later.

Sebastian and I were walking hand in hand in Piccadilly Circus, headed to watch the Wicked musical.

"Remind me, how many times have you already seen this?" Sebastian asked.

"This would be the third time, I think" I replied, smirking. "But I know the all the songs."

He sighed. "So must I expect to hear your voice singing in the background?"

I shrugged. "Probably!"

I looked around and I suddenly recognized one of the stores around us. I ran towards it, pulling Sebastian through the crowd of people enjoying London on Saturday night.

"Look!" I exclaimed, indicating the shop window and jumping in excitement. "They displayed more cards!"

"Wow!" He left my hand and put one arm around me. "I'm really impressed."

"I told you it was the best way to sell my artworks, man of little faith!" I jokingly said and I kissed him.

I was now a professional artist. When Sebastian had created a website to sell my artworks, I received a very good feedback, although I didn't manage to sell many. But after a few months, an editor a small publishing house offered me a contract to use my artworks for a Christmas card line. Our collaboration became so productive that he insisted to have more artworks for a Valentine's Day line and then many more. The cards were being displayed in many stationery shops in London and the demand was increasing nationwide. One of my favorite things to do now was to enter all the stationery shops and admire my artworks transformed in beautiful cards that people would have given to their loved ones or used as bookmarks - like I would often do -.

I needed space to focus on the deadlines and I hadn't any in my house, so I was basically living with Sebastian, who let me work at his big drafting table. Despite my recurring absences, I would always try my best to spend as much time as possible with Felicity and Sherlock. We still had our traditional Sunday together, but I hardly saw them in weekdays and after dusk. I would sleep at Sebastian's house - sometimes bringing with me Sherlock too - and go to work with him almost every day.

I was content with my new life. I had it all. A dream coming true, a loving boyfriend and my family of the heart by my side. Life with Sebastian was sometimes hard because of his long business trips, but we could manage. When we weren't working on achieving our individual goals in life, we would spend a great time together. He would cook for me, I would show him tons of movies, we would make love, make trips... we even spent Christmas at his parents' house in Calais and New Year's Eve in Paris. He loved me so much and I loved him in return.

It felt like those four months of amnesia had never happened.

We went to the theatre and enjoyed the show, then we headed to a fancy Italian restaurant for dinner.

"Did you like it?" I asked, dancing around Sebastian like a fairy. It was a perfect summer night and I was feeling so good. "It's like a dream every time I watch it!"

"Oh, well" Sebastian said, taking my hand. "That Fiyero guy was okay."

I stopped in front of him. "Just okay?! Fiyero is AMAZING! The entire show is!"