Love: 10

Gabriel felt the tears falling from his eyes as quickly wiped them away, abruptly leaving the table.

He heard the table silence behind him, aside from another chair scraping back which was probably one of his brother's coming to check on him.

He carried on, leaving the house and beginning to walk home.

After about a minute, there was a soft voice behind him, making him stop in his tracks.

"Gabe?"

He slowly turned, facing the even taller moose.

"Are you..okay?" He asked, looked concerned and guilty.

The dense moose, he's probably blaming himself...

He took a deep breathe, wiping away the most recent of tears, before looking up to Sam, a grin etching upon his face as he spoke the familiar words,

"Heya, Samsquatch,"

Sam immedietly smiled, a blush etching his cheeks.

"I..I'm sorry...for leaving..."

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault...I'm just glad you're back..."

Sam's smile widened as he stepped forward.

"You..grew.." Gabriel chuckled.

"I did," Sam placed on hand on Gabriel's waist and the other on his cheek. "Can I..." Sam paused, Gabriel immedietly answering.

He stood up on his tip-toes, leaning forward as Sam leant down, their lips touching as sparks flew within both of them.

"I missed that..." Sam smiled.

"Me too..." Gabriel shivered slightly, "Do you wanna come mine?"

"Sure."

They began to walk towards the Novak house, that being where Gabriel left his car.

"Are you back for good?" Gabriel asked after a couple of minutes.

"Yeah, well, I go college in the week but I come back every weekend. It isn't far so if I do get caught up you could always sleepover." Sam shrugged.

"Sounds good," Gabriel replied, a grin from one side of his face to the other, "I'm smiling so much it hurts...It's just so surreal.." He stopped turning to Sam and taking his hand, "You're really back?"

"Yeah..." Sam smiled, "it's weird for me too, I never thought I'd see any of you again. Or at least not for years...I was -" Sam stopped himself.

"...you were what?"

"....I was afraid you'd forgotten about me..."

"Sam, I couldn't. I ... I love you ... "

Sam blushed again but he seemed uncertain, "How? We...we were just a...a...summer fling! We knew each other for a month, dated for less...how can you...love me?"

"Sammy...I don't know...it's just you. You do something to me..."

Sam smiled slightly, "I love you too, Gabe."

Gabriel leant up and kissed him before they carried on walking, soon reaching the Novak Residence.