Pancakes: 12

As he did ever day, Castiel got out of bed and showered before changing into his green scrubs. He was pulling on his white trainers, whistling to a some rock song or something that he couldn't place but knew he'd heard somewhere, when he heard a loud crash from downstairs.

He frowned in confusion, unsure as to why anyone else was up at five a.m. as the others who still lived here always stayed in bed until the latest possible hour.

He finished tying his shoe, quickly jogging down the stairs and into the kitchen, the source of the sound.

"Hey, 'lil brother," Gabriel smirked, not even turning around from the oven to see it was actually him.

"Gabriel?!" Cas sputtered, "What are you doing?"

Gabriel turned around, holding a pan full of pancake mixture, "Didnt think I'd let my little brother go without his annual birthday breakfast, did you?"

"Its not my birthday," Castiel muttered under his breathe as he tilted his head to the side, squinting his eyes as he read the quote on Gabriel's apron.

Procrastinate now, don't put it off - Ellen DeGeneres

"You're ... your apron doesn't make sense..." he said, squinting his eyes.

Gabriel sighed, "Cassie, number one, tilt your head anymore and you'll snap it, and number two, it's a joke!"

"But it doesn't make sense!"

"Yes it does, Cassie, it's a joke! Now sit down and eat your fucking pancakes!"

( im-an-assho1e )

"Pancakes?!"

They both spun around to find Balthazar stood in the doorway.

"Dude, aren't you suppose to be at college?" Gabriel asked.

"But man!"

"Go school!"

"No!"

"Why?!"

"Pancakes!"

"These are Cassie's pancakes! His annual birthday pancakes!"

"Its really not my birthday, guys." Cas said, sitting down at the table.

"Give me one!"

"No!"

"Gabey!"

"No! These are Cassie's!"

Balthazar suddenly grabbed the pan from his hand by the side, dropping it to the floor as he let out a high pitched screeched.

"What the fuck Balth! Do you have a zero common sense?!"

Castiel caught the pancake as it came flying towards him, picking up the maple syrup that sat in the centre of the table and applying it.

"IT BURNS!" Balthazar yelled.

Gabriel grabbed him by his hand and pulled him towards the sink, pouring the cold water over it.

Balthazar hissed.

"Come on, man, its not holy fire!" Gabriel scolded. "Right! Now be a man and shut the fuck up so our brother can enjoy his birthday!"

"Capiche."

Gabriel shook his head before picking up the few still hygienic edible pancakes from the counter and putting the on a plate, putting the other's from the floor into the Bing.

"Its not my birthday." Castiel repeated as Gabriel sat opposite him.

"Yes it is.

"It's really not!"